Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's the story:

Last Saturday, I'm at a party, and for some stupid reason, decide to pimp slap one of my friends. He then proceeds to punch me back, aiming for my stomach, I attempt to block with hand, he hits finger, ow. So I figure it's just jammed, you know, nothing some Ice and a makeshift splint made out of popsicle sticks can't handle. Two days later, still hurts like crap and swelling hasn't gone down. Tuesday my Mother takes to me to the Doctor, this guys says we need X-Rays. We head over there and get the X-rays done, I'm thinking it's just a little fracture, but no, a large piece of my 5th finger's bone has completely broken away. This is the part where I say "Oh ****" X-ray people say I need surgery to fix this before I'm unable to bend the finger anymore. Now keep in mind I've never had surgery before in my life, and never had this serious of an injury. (Okay, that's a lie, I got gasoline in my eye when I was three) I go to the Orthapaedic Center the next day, and they say surgery at 1:30. So I go home, hang out, sleep. Then it's crunch time. Just some background info, my school soccer team is #1 in the league right now with 2 games left, against the two toughest teams, AND my group of friends has just recently decided to form a Paintball team. So I go into surgery, not bad at all, they should sell Anesthesia on the streets. I ask the Doctor how much downtime I'm gonna be in for, he says 6 weeks, now I'm pissed. Turns out, when they went to put the pins in my bone, they discovered that it had flipped over 180 degrees. Now I have a cast and am in a good amount of pain. I'm also pretty mad that I can't do anything sports related for six weeks.

So, how did your week go?

·
Registered
462 Posts
actually my week was good im gettin married.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you should send me that Ion. I mean, come on, you're getting married.... :rofl

·
Registered
462 Posts
ION or marriage :shrug: .....damn this is a tough decision! Im not giving up paintball cuz she playes to. Hell were on the same team thats how we met.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least send me the proto pants, you wont be needing them at night anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
462 Posts
OK...hope you dont mind white stains!

·
Registered
462 Posts
The weddings gonna be great though. Were coming in and leaving on one of my stations firetrucks! It pays to be a volunteer!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sweet, that's gotta be pretty cool. I wonder how hard it's gonna be to work a bra with one hand. I'm about to go to a party type thing, and my g/f is gonna be there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
That sucks you broke your finger.

Thats cool your getting married.

My week sucked, my uncle had a heart attack :(

·
Registered
462 Posts
ramfan5.9 said:
My week sucked, my uncle had a heart attack :(
That sucks man, Is he ok?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Im not sure, and thats the worse part. They put 4 shunts into his heart to open it up I guess, and he had fluid in his lungs, but they said his breathing was a little bit better.

But i hate it, when someone finds out something my dad forgets to tell me hlaf the time. :mad:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When the pull pins out of your finger, do they put you under?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
ramfan5.9 said:
They put 4 shunts into his heart to open it up
stents, you mean?

Man that sucks, that reminds me of when I broke my thumb playing baseball in 3rd grade. I had to wait about 5 hours in very much pain before my parents did anything.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, my mom was like "Suck it up you little wussy"

My family is so cool. :sly:

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
i had surgery on my hip and they put pins in for a while. sucked

yes they put you under...the pain would be so severe you would black out anyway...the pins are screwed into your bone, so taking them out is horrible.

when they took the pins outta my hip it didnt hurt too much...but i was on vicaden thumup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yay for Vicaden!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who cares how it's spelled, it works. :smokin

Anyway, I get the pins out friday, and this **** cast off.

D

·
0 Posts
dang sonny.

my fingers are all messed up. i dont think ive broken any of them, but have jammed eached one at least once and others up to 5-10 times. my one knuckle is cracked and swells at the slightest hit to it..

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ouch, maybe you should have that looked at....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts