Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 5 years my halo finally broke down.

Because of my budget, Ive narrowed it down to these two loaders.

Keep in mind, I really only play rec ball and I shoot a proto rail thats capped at like 12.5 bps.

I've heard the invert too was a lot faster, but I'm only shootin around 12 bps anyways? The only reasons I like the v-max are because of the lower profile, and because I wear all v-tac marpat ****, and that would look bad ass. But if the performance is THAT bad, I don't care about looks.

Lemme know what you think, I'll be ordering sometime this week, thanks.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I would highly recommend the Invert Halo Too
Because it feeds way higher than your marker will shoot, it will feed very reliably and keep you shooting at 12.5 bps without skips or hiccups when shooting lanes

I have no personal experience with the V-Max, but I feel it's a knockoff of the Pinokio feed system
If you're willing to try something that is relatively new and don't mind risking the feed reliability and performance, than go for it! If you do decide to go with the V-Max, you might even find that it is just as good or better than other hoppers in it's price range, but it could also me worse; it's a risk that you have to decide on

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I have no personal experience with the V-Max, but I feel it's a knockoff of the Pinokio feed system
Do NOT blaspheme the Pinokio by associating it with that garbage scow of putrescence that is the Vmax.

Halo Too.

this is like asking if you should buy a BMW 3 series or a Yugo for the same price. There's simply no competition. The Vmax is better compared to the VL Revolution 18V in terms of speed. It CANNOT, in my experience with it (having had one since new and sending it back to Valken to get "fixed") keep up with any electronic marker made after like 2001.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well against my better judgement, and almost everyones advice, i got the V-Max. Im just so tired of the halo format after using it forever.

So far Ive only put about 3 pods through it cause I didnt have much air. Keep in mind, I've never shot a Rotor or a prophecy. However, I have had absolutely no problems with it yet, and it keeps up with my rail shooting 12 bps. Its light as a feather, and its incredibly easy to take apart. I think its exactly where it should be at for $80.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
Well against my better judgement, and almost everyones advice, i got the V-Max. Im just so tired of the halo format after using it forever.
God why?

let me get this straight, your halo lasted 5 years and you were tired of a hopper design that lasted that long so you got something that everyone told you not to get instead?

from what iv seen of the v-max id take an eye force or evo 4 over it

used rotor
used proph
as much as i hate them id probably take a pinokio over it

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
God why?

let me get this straight, your halo lasted 5 years and you were tired of a hopper design that lasted that long so you got something that everyone told you not to get instead?

from what iv seen of the v-max id take an eye force or evo 4 over it

used rotor
used proph
as much as i hate them id probably take a pinokio over it
Yup, I'd even take a Rotor over it as much as I hate them.

And DEFINITELY would take the EyeForce over it. I miss my EyeForce since it died. Had that sucker for like 6/7 years. Evo4, while not as definitely as the EyeForce, I would probably still take over the Vmax, yes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha its not the best. im aware. another reason is because i needed a loader for now, but im getting a rotor for my birthday in 5 months. So eventually its gunna be a backup, but as for now, i dont know what the big deal is. i like it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i used my v max at a scenario game this sunday, shot a case of paint and had no issues. As a matter of fact, my buddies rotor had more problems than my v max did. It was extremely humid out and he said the humid paintballs were causing his rotor to jam? I dont know, but I'm very happy with my purchase. Maybe I just got lucky.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I dunno, but i had issues once; after i hanged the tension it solved everything.

oh twice. All i did was take it apart and put it back together, something was slightly off. 1 min later it was working great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts