Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these guys came to our school today and showed a documentary about northern uganda. that ****s ****ed up. just thought id let yall know and all the **** these kids go through.

- Northern Uganda called the worst humanitarian crisis in the world today because of the lack of attention.

- 2 million people forced from their homes.

- 30,000 childern abducted to fight as soldiers.

- More than 40,000 childern commuting nightly.

- 130 people die per day in Northern Uganda due to violence.

- 1,000 deaths per week. 3 times higher than Darfur.

www.invisiblechildren.com

the documentary was great. i think i might just have to go out on April 29th.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
We haven't done anything in Darfur, you think we'll do anything here? Just let the PMC's handle it. They took Sierra Leone back very easily, and they don't have the UN restrictions or restrictions of a country that cares about an image and collateral damage.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
This needs to be known. This is WORSE than anything since the holocaust as far as human rights and death go. It is the longest war in Africa.

Do something with your life people, I urge you, April 29, do the Global Night Commute. Let your voice be heard. What's 12 hours out of your life? Just live 12 hours in conditions similar but obviously still far better than kids over there live their entire lives in.

What else do you possible have to do? Party? That can wait, just give one weekend up for these kides. ONE WEEKEND.

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/theMovement/globalNightCommute/

·
Naughty Ice
1,596 Posts
stealing childern to brain wash them to fight is effed up. They kidnap them in the night thats why they are scared, and brutally kill them for no reason to make a point to the other kids. I think im going out to sleep in the streets on april 29. Alot of my friends are, and this is messed up and needs to be known.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
dudeus000 said:
- 1,000 deaths per week. 3 times higher than Darfur.
darfur was insane, so i cannot imagine this. i havent clicked the link, but do they have those armbands available to buy? i bought about 20 darfur armbands and distributed them. the world today is so messed up.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Is this where the same place where kids live in the sewers?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
We haven't done anything in Darfur, you think we'll do anything here? Just let the PMC's handle it. They took Sierra Leone back very easily, and they don't have the UN restrictions or restrictions of a country that cares about an image and collateral damage.

because we all know how great of a country Sierra Leone is :rolleyes:

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I don't understand how sleeping in your warm clothes and blankets and soft sleeping bags really helps kids thousands of miles away in a ****ass country :?

·
6,721 Posts
like the government needs to spend any more money in other countries :dodgy:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I don't know where this is, but we learned about it during our Africa unit in World Geography. Apparently they pay the kids in candy, 2 Hershey bars a week! The kids don't know any better and think it's a pretty good deal. They use the kids as distractions, painting the bottom of their magazines red so higher rankings know not to fill their magazines up. They simply think their gun is not working, and trade it out for another one that's the same.

652 people signed up in Dallas already! Unfortunately I can't attend, I have a spring trip for band...

O

·
0 Posts
zpyro said:
I don't understand how sleeping in your warm clothes and blankets and soft sleeping bags really helps kids thousands of miles away in a ****ass country :?
I don't understand how constantly being a dick to everyone helps anyone :?

·
6,721 Posts
olddfatbulldog said:
I don't understand how constantly being a dick to everyone helps anyone :?
how was i a dick to anyone? I'm simply being real. sleeping outside in your warm clothes, blankets and sleeping bags does not help anybody. it does not give you any insight into how much the people over there suffer. it does not raise money to send over there to help. therefore, it does not help anything. the very most it would do is make some bleeding heart rich people donate some money, and even that won't help much.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
no but like i said, its not meant for you to actually 'experience' anything, its just a general awareness. if you obviously sleep outside, you're just showing you're support that you want to make it aware there is a problem. its just to get people's attention, no one is saying this will solve anything

·
Registered
995 Posts
zypro, i think that people even considering sleeping outside, sleeping bag or not, is a good thing. they are doing it for themselves. i dont care if you dont want to do it, but dont complain and make smartass comments about people doing something that they want to do. Its called raising awareness. You dont have to use money in order to be a good person.

Oh, and those braclets are the shiz-nit

1 - 20 of 47 Posts