Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have 2 questions.

1. I have an Upp'ed SP Ion, and I am considering upgrading the bolt. It is a little loud, and not as air efficient as I would like, and I heard an upgraded bolt would help that. What improvements will you get from an upgraded bolt.

2. I'm looking at 2 different bolts, the TechT L7 and the Bob Long Pillow. How are these? Any other suggestions?

My current marker set ups is

SP Ion (regular)
Tadao Dynasty Board
Freek Barrel Kit
Redz body kit
CP Trigger
Dye On/Off Asa
7th Element LED eyes
Killa Detents
Clamping feedneck
EZ On button

And for the record, while I like paintball, I love upgrading mechanical things more. So don't just tell me to buy another gun. I'm upgrading it because I like customizing stuff, so buying a new gun wouldn't do me any good. However I don't want to replace the bolt if it isn't really an "upgrade"......

Thank you for you input.....

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Sound signature really has nothing to do with the bolt
A different barrel will make the biggest difference in your sound signature

The TechT bolt will be the most efficient and lightest
If you're looking for cycle speed and efficiency, than the TechT bolt is what you're looking for

The Bob Long Pillow Bolt will let you shoot ultra brittle paint
While it is lighter than the stock bolt, it is only lighter by a little, so efficiency gains and increased cycle speeds are minimal
I personally use the Bob Long Pillow Bolt in my EOS and love it, actually had an L7 bolt to begin with and swapped it for the Pillow Bolt just so I could shoot any paint I wanted to

So it's really up to you
Each bolt dos something different, so it depends on what you're looking for

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a regular ion with a firebolt and an xe (its my son's) with a shocktech bolt. Both are better than stock and allow you to drop your dwell a bit. Never had any problems with either one. I remember reading about people snapping their bolts a while back; not sure if that's still an issue, but it was one of the selling points of the shocktech, that its made from one piece of aluminum. Works fine for me... I have not checked out the TechT bolt. Can't make any claims for it one way or another.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts