Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just a ION and i was woundering what extra parts i should have on hand and what kind of oil i should use on the rings? thanks for your advice

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
You don't oil the o-rings, you use grease, specifically DOW33.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just got an ion... Oh boy, well if i were you and i had the money. I would go out and get the parts ASAP. You probably want a new trigger, new ASA, New board i recomend virtue, new barrel, new FEEDNECK very important the ions first feedneck sucks, get a new QUEV because the gun eats air like a monster and then whatever gun designs you want. Now the reason for the upgrades soon is because smart parts is going out of busness in like a month.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
Just got an ion... Oh boy, well if i were you and i had the money. I would go out and get the parts ASAP. You probably want a new trigger, new ASA, New board i recomend virtue, new barrel, new FEEDNECK very important the ions first feedneck sucks, get a new QUEV because the gun eats air like a monster and then whatever gun designs you want. Now the reason for the upgrades soon is because smart parts is going out of busness in like a month.
Trigger is personal preference.
He doesn't need a new board unless he plans on playing tournaments that have a ROF cap.
Clamping feedneck is recomended.
QEVs do nothing for air efficiency, they increase the highest ROF possible which doesn't really matter because you can't shoot the gun fast enough to notice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trigger is a plastic peice of crap, mine snapped right inhalf... what do you do for a marker that eats air like the cookie monster eats cookies?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have all but the trigger and the board. should i buy o-rings and what other parts before they go under. iknow in five years i wont beable to find parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
you should still be able to find o-rings i don't think they have a specific kind. Virtue board is good if you want the best out of your gun, but frozen paint is right the trigger is personal preference. You can buy a bolt for your gun, before you do that i would advise you talk to some one who knows about it because i dont own one. I have heard that one of the best out there is the Tech T L7 bolt. Here is a Canadian paint ball website that shows off some gear you can purchase, but down in the states you shouldn't have a problem finding a sight with allot more product upgrades. Don't be thrown by the prices, everything is much more expensive in Canada.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how can i lower my operating pessure? and what are the benefits with a lower pessure? right now the marker runs on about 180 psi. there is a 360 qev in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts