Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I havent played in a good solid year and a half to two years. I used to play with my stock ion and when I went on hiatus took great care of it, stored it etc.

The problem: When I gas her up she has a slight leak coming from the internals. I cant go above 120 PSI before the leak starts. She shoots and all is fine below that mark.

I was slightly troubled as I thought optimum operating pressure was 180 PSI but I recently purchased a second stock ion as a back up and marker for my girl and it is the same way. Leak after 120 PSI. I have never taken either gun above 200 PSI or anything. Never abused and always cleaned after use.

BTW I did change most lines and still have the leaks. Again under about 125 PSI there is ZERO leak and balls fly fair enough. Is this ok?? Again I thought good op pressure was between 160-180...

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side note:

I do not believe the problem to be a slit in the lines or anything as the higher the pressure the greater the leak. I just want to make sure 120 is going to be an ok pressure before making my triumphant return! Haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts