Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Definitely new to this forum, really just picked up Paintballing last year. Went a few times way back when, but stationed here in Germany now and on slow weekends its all I do. I bought two guns pretty recently. Ion and have a Etek 3 on the way (takes 3-6 weeks for me to get packages out here haha). The Ion however is out of commission for a little while I think :/.

Here's what happened with the Ion. Played with it for about 8 weeks, woodsball / speedball. Standing out in our prep area and out of nowhere the hose where it connects to the regulator exploded. Piece off the regulator that connects hose to it blew off.

Questions that I have are...

1) Anyone know where I can get a new regulator for these?
2) What caused this?
3) What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Get pictures ready to show the experts so they can without a doubt tell you what it is. Use MS paint to circle what you are talking about and then upload them to imageshack or another picture sharing site and then link it here.

Its the best way to show us whats up.

Also what branch?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ramstein or however they spell it then? I'm stationed at Dyess afb, TX which is around abilene. Just learned yesterday tho that I'm going to Afghanistan in May. So yay...

If its just the line that blew out you get just get some blue locktight and put it back in and seal it.
I'm just going off of what I know, Miller, Martix, AZN, Turbo, and etc members that have been here for awhile will probably chime in here in a bit and tell you if thats right or not.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
so the air line blew out or the entire metal elbow? It looks like the locking collar managed to fall off the fitting on your regulator. It's a pretty easy fix, you just unscrew the elbow,apply some blue lock tite, and replace it with a new one.

I go to macrolineguy.com or any paintball website to get elbows, but maybe you can find them locally if you find the right place.

Alternatively, you could replace the entire thing with braided steel hose, and then it shouldn't ever happen again. I've never seen the elbow do that though, and iv'e seen a whole lot of problems before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright cool thanks guys!

Yup I'm on Ramstein. Sandbox isn't bad anymore I hear. Few of us have been there, but most of us go to Kuwait.

Yeah this thing surprised the hell out of everyone at our course. Sounded like an actual gunshot and it happened while I was holding it in the middle of about 12 people. Ill check out that website and see if I can order one. Hard part about this is since I'm in Germany a lot of places dont ship here and I think the closest paintballing shop is about 4-5 hours away.

Will probably do the quick fix with another elbow and some blue lock tite and then get the other hose ordered sometime after that. Will have my Etek 3 by then and this will just be a backup gun.

Thanks again for all the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont speak German, and most places about 1-2 hours off base dont speak English either. =/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW... Am I just looking for like one of the 90* swivel fittings on macrolineguy.com? No pictures, so not exactly sure what I need.

black non swivel 90 degree fitting - Macrolineguy.com

Looked like just that entire part, but I tried to take that part off of the regulator and it was pretty stuck on there. Dont think I'll be able to get it off without breaking the Reg.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
yes that's what you're looking for. There's an allen key hex cut into the inside of the fitting(i think it's 5/16), that's the bet way to get at it. Apply some heat with a lighter then try turning it. You want to turn only the silver fitting, not the black hex nut on the bottom of the regulator. As long as you're turning it the right way it should not hurt anything.
I don't really have time to view this before i go to work, but this may be helpful.
Paintball macroline, fittings, teflon tape, triflow, guages - YouTube

1 - 13 of 13 Posts