Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have around a 400$ budget for a new gun. I was thinking about either getting a ion or a pmr. As far as hoppers go im probably guna get a halo b, and probably a 48 or 68 compressed air tank.

i was just hopin for some feedback / opinions

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The PMR is a good gun, and I believe it's a better marker.

The Ion isn't bad either, just I don't believe that it is as good stock. With the right upgrades, the Ion can be a real beast, but stock, it's not the best.

The biggest gripe I have about the PMR is the stock frame, since it's plastic and not metal. Getting an UL Frame for your PMR would be a nice thing to have.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
From what I hear, it isn't cheap. $150 is the cost I think. You can also just get an aftermarket metal frame. Cheaper, but still about $100.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm well the thing is im runnin on a 400$ budget at most 450$ and with a good electronic hopper and compressed air tank i probably wont be able to get a UL frame, with out the ul frame should i not get the pmr?...

btw im pretty new to paintballing, ive just bee using a spyder victor and playing with friends but im trying to get serious and do some tourney ball

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Well, the platic grip isn't all that bad, it's just something to watch for. Get the PMR and save up for the frame later :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
DO NOT GET A UL FRAME, all it does is make the gun HEAVIER, it will be more comfortable to hold but you can fix that with a nice set of grips(saving you at least 120 bucks instead of getting the UL frame). The PMR is a better stock gun and I would def. get it over the Ion.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
please no, it costs just as much as the gun, makes it heavier. Despite the polymer that the stock pmr frame is made out of, it is very durable. If you get a regular pmr, all you will need to buy is an on/off and an aluminum back cap. If you get the SE(special edition), all you will need is an on/off(I am not sure whether or not it comes with one).

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
hit it on the money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, speaking of tanks whats a good size tank? i was thinking 48/3000 or 68/3000 but should i go for something bigger like a 75/4500?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
anything at 4500 psi will be good. Try not to get a 3000 psi tank if at all possible

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I recommend a 68/45 or a 45/45, or the really small cp/draxxus 48/45's are really nice.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
hey i posted something and it never showed up:(

anyhow, it's best to go try some for yourself. everyone has their own personal preference.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts