Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
you can use an anti-siphone'd co2 tank on an ion, but it is a much better investment and better for your gun to use Compressed air. A cheap tank is about $60.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've ran my Ion with an anti-siphon Co2 tank a few times. I wouldn't recommend it if there's any way you can use compressed air, because mine has always been more prone to fitting leaks when I've been using Co2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i need some help i have an ion and i bought a nitro tank on ebay for like 70 bucks...i got it home and ran some paint through it and then it blew the regulator hose...i finally replaced it and then it worked for awhile...now every time i try to play with it i will put the full tank on the marker and it will shoot great for about 10 shots and the pressure will slack off...i am getting really frustrated cuz i love this gun...can u guys help me...

p.s.- i'm not a noob...i have been playing for the last 7 years...i just dont have alot of money to put into it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
no its a quik rush...i thought it might be that to....so i took it to a local airsmith and he checked it out...he said that he put some paint through it and hooked up one of his tanks to it and when i went to pick it back up he said that it worked like a peach...i started thinking that it was my tank...could it be that my tank is a high pressure and the ion works only on low pressure (keep in mind that it doesnt have any upgrades to it yet...i want to get this whole air thing straightened out first)

·
Registered
108 Posts
so let me get this staight, the tank works on other guns, and the gun works with other tanks, but not with eachother? or did i read that wrong? did you ask the guy at the shop to look and try to see why it wont work with your tank? or did he just try his own? i would have explained it to him while he was looking at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats it...the two aren't compatible with each other...one of my friends that played on the UT paintball and he took a look at it...he brought his pure energy 65/4500 low pressure and it shoot like a peach...i found out that the tank i have is high pressure...evidently it does matter what kind of pressure ur using...i dont kno what the difference is but just pay attention to what kind of tank ur using

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have run the tank at full pressure on a tippman a-5 and it worked fine...now if the pin valve wasnt letting the gas flow right it would do the same thing on the a5 as it does on the ion correct??? and the air fitting wouldnt be working right on either gun as well...i have looked at it for all its worth and i am just getting a new tank...prolly a 65/4500 this time and really get out there with my team and play some tourneys...the a5 is a high pressure gun anyway so that is why the tank i have works so well on it

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Change your Ion's battery and lube the bolt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.