Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

should i keep this or sell it? this gun would be the main source of money 4 another

• KEEP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • SELL

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ion Xe (BOB)
only used 8-10 times
new regulator
cp on/off purging asa
stock barrel (NEVER USED)
new feedneck (cant rememebr name of it)
spare o-rings
all the allen wrenches need for marker
stock barrel plug
spare parts(banjo and micro line)
thourghly checked and thourghly cleaned
9v battery

is there any upgrades that are affordable that would raise the price
im looking to get new gun im fairly new to paintball but got a huge deal from my friend to get a bunch of stuff and this came with it
i wanna get the gog extcy maybe
the poll is whetehr i should keep this marker or get a different one (i have a carbon fiber invert barrel already tht would work on this marker or ion threads like the extcy)
if you tell me to keep wht upgrades should i get 2 that are affordable

thank you

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
Honestly, having dealt with quite a few Ions, I'd say run away from this. You'll be happier in the long run. If you're looking for something that will perform a little better, and be easier to work on, I'd say look for a used FEP Quest. You should be able to find a used one for right around $200. Also, you may be able to pick up a nice used DM6/7 Which will also perform amazing.

I've "upgraded" a couple Ions, and really, nothing you can add to it will make it worth more than what you paid for the upgrade... That being said, if you do want to upgrade, go with the Virtue board, and the Bob Long Pillow bolt. Or maybe look into a nice hopper and/or mask...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, having dealt with quite a few Ions, I'd say run away from this. You'll be happier in the long run. If you're looking for something that will perform a little better, and be easier to work on, I'd say look for a used FEP Quest. You should be able to find a used one for right around $200. Also, you may be able to pick up a nice used DM6/7 Which will also perform amazing.

I've "upgraded" a couple Ions, and really, nothing you can add to it will make it worth more than what you paid for the upgrade... That being said, if you do want to upgrade, go with the Virtue board, and the Bob Long Pillow bolt. Or maybe look into a nice hopper and/or mask...
k thnks ill look into those markers how much do u think i could get for this stuff plus i have a invert carbon fiber barrell that i think goes for like $70 new and all this stuff ahs only been used 8-10 times

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
k thnks ill look into those markers how much do u think i could get for this stuff plus i have a invert carbon fiber barrell that i think goes for like $70 new and all this stuff ahs only been used 8-10 times
I understand that the marker may not have been used a lot, but this marker has been discontinued, and the company went out of business. I know you can say the same about the FEP Quest, but it's a better marker in every aspect. When Smart Parts came out with the Ion, they flooded the market with them. There are tons of Ions out there.

The barrel, while it may be nice, is specific to the Ion/Luxe/Shocker. Maybe if this was an Auto-Cocker threaded barrel would it be worth more. I understand that it is $70 new, but once used/purchased the value of it will drop. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I've just gone through the struggles of selling these. lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand that the marker may not have been used a lot, but this marker has been discontinued, and the company went out of business. I know you can say the same about the FEP Quest, but it's a better marker in every aspect. When Smart Parts came out with the Ion, they flooded the market with them. There are tons of Ions out there.

The barrel, while it may be nice, is specific to the Ion/Luxe/Shocker. Maybe if this was an Auto-Cocker threaded barrel would it be worth more. I understand that it is $70 new, but once used/purchased the value of it will drop. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I've just gone through the struggles of selling these. lol
lol ur not being a jerk i understand id rather know the truth about it then be lied to lol i think i might keep this as my back up then and work to make some cash to get a new gun thanks dude

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad idea, just don't dump any more $$$ into it. I used an Ion as a back up for awhile until I acquired more markers.
will do and dont where dont even rlly have cash on me now so new upgrades couldnt even happen anyway but thanks for the advice im still kind of new to paintball so still learning

·
Administrator
14,031 Posts
lol i think i might keep this as my back up then and work to make some cash to get a new gun thanks dude
i think this is a great idea, theres nothing wrong with it other than not being able to sell it for much so why bother?

on a side note-i would stay away from the DM6/7, they are good markers just there are no parts being produced for them anymore

the quest on the other hand, my understanding is this, FEP who made it in the first place is out of business however critical (a different company) is still making parts for it so while parts can only be ordered online, at least they are out there. so if you have hte ion as a backup, if anything happens to the quest at least you dont have to stop playing

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think this is a great idea, theres nothing wrong with it other than not being able to sell it for much so why bother?

on a side note-i would stay away from the DM6/7, they are good markers just there are no parts being produced for them anymore

the quest on the other hand, my understanding is this, FEP who made it in the first place is out of business however critical (a different company) is still making parts for it so while parts can only be ordered online, at least they are out there. so if you have hte ion as a backup, if anything happens to the quest at least you dont have to stop playing
ya im liking the keeping this as a back up and thanks for the tips about the marker ill take em into account once i get the money to upgrade to a new gun

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what kind of hopper tank and mask are you using?
ive got a empire reloader b (does the job pretty well
tank dxs its a carbon fiber wrapped 65/4500
and my mask ik is the most important thing of my paintball gear and u should buy tht first i bought it off my friend cuz he used it for one game and didnt like the sport and i bought it off of him but im not sure which one it is its a jt ill post the pic below but its rlly comfortable and doesnt fog up at all for me

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
ive got a empire reloader b (does the job pretty well
tank dxs its a carbon fiber wrapped 65/4500
and my mask ik is the most important thing of my paintball gear and u should buy tht first i bought it off my friend cuz he used it for one game and didnt like the sport and i bought it off of him but im not sure which one it is its a jt ill post the pic below but its rlly comfortable and doesnt fog up at all for me

That's not a bad mask. If you really want to get a new mask, go to your local paintball shop and try some on. I'd say that you should start saving for either another marker, and/or other gear; i.e. pants, jersey, pads, etc...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's not a bad mask. If you really want to get a new mask, go to your local paintball shop and try some on. I'd say that you should start saving for either another marker, and/or other gear; i.e. pants, jersey, pads, etc...
thanks do you know wht mask it is? and ive all ready got jersey pants pads pods pod harness my dads friend played paintball but only played like 5 times and his wife told him he had to sell the stuff so i saved up my money and bought with my money the stuff rom him he had like 10 pods a empire 4 or 6 pod harness $50 empire pants $50 empire jersey the ion xe marker the barrel this tank this hopper a gear bag paintball oil squeege the mask in the pics above (i realized the one i got from my friend i sold back to help later when he started paintball again) a ton of anti fog spray and like a case of paintballs and a ton of other stuff and i saved up my money and bought it off of him uz he only used the stuff at most 5 times

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Keep the marker
Ions do not hold their value, and you will not get nearly as much money back as you have put in

The BOB Ions make great markers anyways, don't let anyone say otherwise

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep the marker
Ions do not hold their value, and you will not get nearly as much money back as you have put in

The BOB Ions make great markers anyways, don't let anyone say otherwise
I agree to be honest I love this marker and it shoots great and and out shoots everybody I played 4 some reason I'm starting to think I'll keep using this 4 a while and once I get even more serious into paintball mayb then I'll upgrade to a new marker.and keep my.ion as a back up

1 - 20 of 31 Posts