Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heys guys Im looking to get into the sport and I need a marker. I found an ION a guy is selling for $50 w/ a blackheart and electric hopper. Im a newb to all this, I just found this marker online. I'm still poking around and reading stickies but what is a blackheart?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That deal sounds to good to be true. He might be scamming you. You should ask a few questions about it and make sure you get alot of info from him about his adress, license number ect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did. I think he's in town. I asked for more pictures though. What are some things should I look for. I ususally like to do research on things but if this deal is true it's very good and I dont want to pass it up. Thats the only reason Im asking for information this way.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
dude....I detest ions but if it's not to torn up that's to good to pass up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well form what I read on this forum Ions are good. Why do you detest them? Or is it more of a I'm chevy guy so I hate fords kind of thing?

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
if you felt like spending mucho mucho buckos on it only to have it not raise the resale at all. but yeah, that sounds like a good deal...if it shoots. I would hold off on the upgrades though, and just save your money for a better marker or paint

·
Registered
533 Posts
Tell him you want it looked over by a shop first.

$50 is suspiciously cheap for a blackheart'd ion WITHOUT a hopper let alone an electric one.

I'd expect to pay at least $100, once again for the MARKER ONLY, no hopper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Yeah thats a good idea. I think I'll do that. But, it'll take a lot of money to get it reliable? I think it looks good as is, so appereance isnt an issue. I just want a accurate reliable marker. Would it take much to get it reliable? What site do you guys recommend I look at for upgrades?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also just found an 399 all stock for $50 and he said he'll throw in the nitrogen pure energy tank for $100 more. So $150 for the tank and gun.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I also just found an 399 all stock for $50 and he said he'll throw in the nitrogen pure energy tank for $100 more. So $150 for the tank and gun.
I don't know what a "399" is.

Does it take a lot tog et an Ion reliable? They're reliable out of the box. They get criticism for some of their shortcomings when compared to higher end electro's, but as far as playability goes, they're absolutely solid markers.

Most people get a QEV and call it a day. You'll have a blackheart board, a QEV costs twenty bucks, and the guy is supposedly giving you a motorized hopper (tho you haven't named the model). If it's legit I'd say get it, get it, get it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I havent heard back from him since I started asking detailed questions. So maybe you guys were right. I was refering to the e99 and typed 399 by mistake. He wants $150 for an e99 w/ a nitrogen tank. I'm not getting good results from people selling used markers. It's looking like I might be going with a VS1 though they have some nice packages on ebay and I have read good things about them here.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well I havent heard back from him since I started asking detailed questions. So maybe you guys were right. I was refering to the e99 and typed 399 by mistake. He wants $150 for an e99 w/ a nitrogen tank. I'm not getting good results from people selling used markers. It's looking like I might be going with a VS1 though they have some nice packages on ebay and I have read good things about them here.
I have been using an E99 for the past couple weekends since I am troubleshooting a problem with the SLG. Not a bad marker at all -- doesn't got eyes but with the Halo it doesn't really seem to need eyes. E99 + 3k/45 for $150 is a decent enough deal.

The VS1 has eyes.

It's funny - the cheap stuff is the reliable stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
That is a sign of the innovation being put into the paintball world. and the Ion has an excellent design, 2k shots offa one fill when optimized correctly, that's not good at all for a spooler:)dodgy:), even a blowforward(just simplified spooler so they basically function the same).

·
Registered
533 Posts
^ I dont know the terminology around here yet. What does spool and blowforward mean?
The main mechanism of how the marker operates.

You got blowbacks (spyder[clones]), blowforwards, spools, and probably a few others I am unaware of.

They're going to come out of the woodwork now with the cutout animations and explanations. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts