Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished hacking my iPod. I added an auto-cocker where the normal loading symbol is supposed to be. Check it out...

Click Here

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this deletes everything on your ipod, back it up first.

back up ipod

change ipod firmware

pretty cool though, eh? takes a while to back up songs and reload them if you have a lot (like i do). and im not sure what ipod versions it works on, i have an ipod photo 30gb

**edit**

also, all id3 tags reset too. so this can get annoying. pretty much all the organization you had on your ipod is gone

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*SHOCKER* said:
so u can put any pic there ???

sweet
yup, you can put any pic there. i made that one myslef. you can also replace all the pics and fonts on your ipod. i just stuck to that symbol cause it was easiest. the rest would get very technical.

and yes, it takes a long time to wipe and reload everything. and even after that all the custom editing you have done before will be gone. so i backed-up my 182 almbums and im just gonna start reloading some new ones.

sort of refresing to start over

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
RunningRioT said:
and no, it does not erase everything..
what do you mean. i just replaced the firmware with the one i edited and it did prompt me that the ipod would be reseted

**edit**
at first i had a problem where i had my custom pics loaded, and the ipod was empty, but 10 gigs was already stored :yikes
if this happens to you load the original firmware and start again

Mescaline said:
im not sure what ipod versions it works on, i have an ipod photo 30gb
i found out now that it will work with any ipod version, you just have to somehow identify what your firmware version.

(and maybe this thread should be moved to the lounge, not too much about paintball :shrug: )

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RunningRioT said:
no, you just do an update, not a damn restore..
this doesnt work if your already using your latest firmware. the only way to reload your firmware would be too restore.

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
many people have created programs that allow you to edit the images your firmware uses. you can change all the images to anything you want. you can pretty much customize the whole ipod os.

BUBBASR. said:
know anyone else who can for a low price?
its not that hard, if you need help. lemme know

1 - 20 of 23 Posts