Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lets say I have The Rolling Stones greatest hits CD, and I rip them onto my computer in MP3 format.

Could I just put them onto my iPod?

I know theres been some confusion on this subject and I'm going to buy an iPod mini soon.

I remember this being asked before but I can't find the thread.

Also, can you purchase replacement batteries from Apple? I hear the iPod ones die out in a couple months, but the latest versians ar emuch better. 18 hour son an ipod mini full charge so its advertised.

Thanks

-Alpha

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You've got a mini? I'm thikning the silver one. I wish they just had black. But Apple is too fruity for that kinda thin. So silver or pink it is...

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
u can get them painted black. It voids the warrenty i think though. And yes, i know for a fact that u can put mp3s on the ipod and listen to them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
you can put any .mp3 on your ipod, you just need iTunes to transfer it on (its free). as far as the battery goes i believe you can get a replacement battery but they cost an arm and a leg. dont quote me on that though. supposively they have fixed the short battery life problem though.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay so I've heard a little about iTunes too.. Is it just the software to transfer files from computer ot ipod, or is it also a downloading program to download music? I do believe I've used it before on one of my old MP3 players.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You have to send your ipod in to get the batterie replaced but the new ipods have a much better batt in them.

Alpha said:
Okay so I've heard a little about iTunes too.. Is it just the software to transfer files from computer ot ipod, or is it also a downloading program to download music? I do believe I've used it before on one of my old MP3 players.
Dont use itunes just use winmx its free and winamp is the best way to play your music IMO.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
itunes kicks major ass. you can do playlists and shiznit and if ur on a network you can listen to anyone else on the network's music if they have itunes open, and with mytunes you can download their music(not legal). Also you can buy music legally from the itunes store. You need itunes to put songs on an ipod.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
Alpha said:
iTunes plays music, loads it onto your Ipod, and allows you to purchase music

·
Registered
905 Posts
Alpha said:

you have to use iTunes to transfer music. It is also the program you use to buy music from apple's music store. you use it to make playlists as well as organize music you bought from apple's store and stuff you have DL'd / ripped.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Schweet. I'm going to get a mini soon. Comes with a free engraving, but I dont know what to get it to say... I was thinking Semper Fidelis and on the second line just sya Always faithful, but I'm no Marine yet and I dont think I've earned the right to be shouting that syaing around like its MY motto.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts