Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He pretty much said "In Iran we do not have this phenomenon, I do not know who told you this information"

I'm stupefied by this. My mind just pulls a wtf card. thoughts?

EDITED: for clarity.

I just saw it on the TV while he was giving the speech, can anyone find the exact wording of what he said?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I understand what he's saying, basically if you're gay in a society like that, you don't come out. Period.
Hadn't thought of it that way. Makes more sense to me because I can't imagine someone actually thinking an entire society doesn't have any gay people.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
That's pretty pathetic.
They guy denies the holocaust. He systematically kills homosexuals (some of the left seems to love him compared to Bush, whose VP has a gay daughter). He doesn't allow for any freedom of speech or press. He gives weapons to the people who kill our soldiers. And his own country hates him.

·
12,110 Posts
That's pretty pathetic.
They guy denies the holocaust. He systematically kills homosexuals (some of the left seems to love him compared to Bush, whose VP has a gay daughter). He doesn't allow for any freedom of speech or press. He gives weapons to the people who kill our soldiers. And his own country hates him.
The holocaust never happened wtf are you talking about

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
That's pretty pathetic.
But according to who? Our media?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Youer missing what he's saying.

We view the world from our position as americans.

What if you were iranian? Have you ever been iranian? been to iran?
No. But I'll take Iranians' word for it. They've been there.

Besides, that's a terrible argument. I've never been to Nazi Germany, but I know that Hitler was a brutal dictator.

None of those things are subjective or disputable.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
According to anyone who's willing to accept facts...
The facts printed in American books....

I'm not here to debate what does and doesn't go on in Iran, and I'm not here to debate whether or not the guy is a dictator or anything of the sort. However, there are things I've heard him say that have made me like him a bit.

He is a dissident voice against taboo. He is a voice telling us not to blindly believe what we are told. He is a voice telling us not to subscribe to groupthink. More so than many high-profile Americans, he actually speaks what he feels is true; in many ways, he is a voice of reason.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
You guys are ****in ridiculous. Every chance you get you bash the government that allows you the right to speak freely, even to say how much you dislike it. If you dislike American politics so much why don't you go find a country you like better, and live there. You seem to like the Iranian leader maybe you should go and be one of his followers.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I'll write up a good response tomorrow, which will basically be a culmination of other things I've said before on this board that you've probably failed to read. Right now, though, it's super late.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
I'll write up a good response tomorrow, which will basically be a culmination of other things I've said before on this board that you've probably failed to read. Right now, though, it's super late.

Trust me, I've read everything you've posted in the recent months and to tell you the truth I really wasn't impressed.

·
12,110 Posts
You guys are ****in ridiculous. Every chance you get you bash the government that allows you the right to speak freely, even to say how much you dislike it. If you dislike American politics so much why don't you go find a country you like better, and live there. You seem to like the Iranian leader maybe you should go and be one of his followers.
Damn straight I have rights. Lets discuss rights for a second, because I think it is very relevant to what your saying.

When the constitution was written, they slipped in, among other things, the right to bear arms. The idea was that it was necessary for the security of a free state.

Let me quoth the declaration of independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. (Note: the original hand-written text ended on the phrase "the pursuit of property" rather than "the pursuit of Happiness" but the phrase was changed in subsequent copies in part because it was broader. The latter phrase is used today).

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
In other words, if the government is being bad, it is the DUTY (not just a right) of the people to do something to fix it.

I love America. I've seen more of this country then you ever will- I'm sure of that. I've been to every state that you can drive to that isn't Alaska.

Why would I move to Iran? I grew up in America and I have been conditioned to think the same way most of you do. I dont think like an Iranian.

I dont hate politics, not do I hate america. I simply think there is a better direction we could be going in. But its not going to happen because of the way we are conditioned by our enviornment

1 - 20 of 37 Posts