Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS IT BAD TO DRY FIRE YOUR GUN!! like will it do something really bad or good I dont know....plz help!

(DUMB QUEsTION BUT LZ HELP!!)

·
Registered
255 Posts
No, there is nothing wrong with dry firing your Spyder. There is really no difference between there being a paintball in the chamber and there being no paintball in the chamber.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
i do it all the time just to empty the rest of the tank before i go to fill it, and ive never had any big problems, just sometimes with co2 my gun gets really cold, but thats no biggie

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Nope its perfectly fine, wont screw up your gun, jsut remember to oil it and not to leave it out in the sun. to oil it just put 3-4 drops of paintball oil into the asa, screw the tank on and dry fire 20 times.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
paintball markers arent like real guns where firing them with out bullets will damage them. if there is a paintball or isnt it wont make any differance because the bolt still does the exact same thing as it would if there was a paintball in it. it will just be louder than usual when u dry fire it

·
Registered
283 Posts
My friends tippman bolt broke, it cracked right in half. I do know that he likes to cock it back and fire it without air. Not sure why he does this ;).

·
Registered
523 Posts
Aboynamedkim said:
if u dont have your tank on dont fire, you'll scrach up the inside of your marker
not true...oiling it will help a lot...i used to dry fire my old spyder all the time and at first that was a myth that i heard when i was a n00b then i realized it was not true

1 - 17 of 17 Posts