Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where i live is like suburban rural with basically a ****load of woods in certain areas, but all those woods are always called parks. I was just curious if anyone here has played paintball in similar woods and whether they ever got in trouble? Is it illegal anyway?

·
Registered
94 Posts
the park is right up the street from me n we play there all the time...we have been caught once n the cop said just to stay off the main trails n be cautious for people.....i guess it all depends if u get caught n if u do u better hope the cop is in a good mood

·
Registered
21 Posts
It depens on the city and if you are going to call the 5-0 get your parent to call also sometime you get different answers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey alpha its not illegal to play at the quarries depending on which one you go to.ill challenge one of these days when i get the rest of my stuff together.

D

·
0 Posts
the areas wouldnt be zoned for it.. so ya, illegal.. at least thats the way it is around here.. no one cares thouhg.. as long as we clean up

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's only Illegal if you get caught :naughty

besides even if you do, and the police come, the worst they're gonna do is tell you to go away. As long as you havn't destroyed any property or shot any pedestrians, the cops know kids are just being kids.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
We asked our local field if it was ok to play games on our own land when we had extra paint. They said it was fine, the only rules against it in our area are you can't ride with your marker connected to a c02 tank.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Zonk0u said:
It's only Illegal if you get caught :naughty

besides even if you do, and the police come, the worst they're gonna do is tell you to go away. As long as you havn't destroyed any property or shot any pedestrians, the cops know kids are just being kids.
the police can confiscate your marker and write you a disorderly conduct ticket. If they rally want to get nasty about it they can nail you for littering for each and every paintball you leave behind.
No to mention tresspassing, causing damage, vandalism, and a whole host of other nasty little misdemanor charges.

All of which will lead to fines and community service time as well as the possibilty that you loose your markers.

Its better off just to call and find out. You may find out that they are actually cool about it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was told by the local paint-ball pro shop that

A> The paint mess can be considered vandalism, and
B> if you hit someone who isn't playing, it can be considered assault.

Other than that, you're ok.

·
Banned
451 Posts
well,me and my friends play in the woods behind his house.if you walk to the far far end,theres like a big swamp,and across that is the soccer field for the park.

so we just stay in his woods,since we were little we played back there,and never saw anyone else back there.

the worst thing that happened when we were next to his back fence some lady came over and asked if you could stop yelling bad words so loud

·
Registered
11 Posts
MedicDVG said:
the police can confiscate your marker and write you a disorderly conduct ticket. If they rally want to get nasty about it they can nail you for littering for each and every paintball you leave behind.
No to mention tresspassing, causing damage, vandalism, and a whole host of other nasty little misdemanor charges.

All of which will lead to fines and community service time as well as the possibilty that you loose your markers.

Its better off just to call and find out. You may find out that they are actually cool about it.
like I said before, this is all possible, but most likely the cops arent going to go through and make all those charges (and I doubt you can get pinned for tresspassing on public property). The only time a cop is going to do this is if he's pissed off. If you're respectful and play the innocent and dumb card, 99 out of 100 times they're gonna let you off the hook. As long as you dont give them any lip, or give them a reason to be upset (like say shooting a pedestrian) None of this is going to happen. Stop smoking so much pot, you're paranoid.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Zonk0u said:
like I said before, this is all possible, but most likely the cops arent going to go through and make all those charges (and I doubt you can get pinned for tresspassing on public property). The only time a cop is going to do this is if he's pissed off. If you're respectful and play the innocent and dumb card, 99 out of 100 times they're gonna let you off the hook. As long as you dont give them any lip, or give them a reason to be upset (like say shooting a pedestrian) None of this is going to happen. Stop smoking so much pot, you're paranoid.
Wrong my friend.

First off, cops are coming down very hard on outlaw ballers now, since all the jerks we have now that go around shooting houses and cars, and people on the street. Paintball is illegal if it's not played in the right areas. (ex: Private land, paintball fields) Cops will take your gear away, you can get it back, but it's a pain in the butt.

Second, don't make personal comments about other users on here, especially a respected one like Dean. I will not have flaming in any sections that i Mod, is this understood? Good, glad we could have this little chat. :cool:

- Brian

1 - 20 of 43 Posts