Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do woodsballers seem alot more mature in general? Like every single speedballer I've come across has been like "woodsball is for pussys that dont wanna get shot" or something, or some 12 year old attitude. Reading other forums sure makes this seem so very true lol.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
I'm not going to say anything...all I will say, is people that play woodsball talk just as much **** about speedballers as speedballers do about woodsball players. I play both...more speedball than anything, but I think woodsball is good for a change. More relaxing than speedball because there is less action.

This will most likely become a flame pit...so don't be suprised if it gets closed rather quickly.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I see more crap about speedballers from woods guys then the opposite. But meh, a moot point.

The reason i think most speedball guys are immature is b/c they are. IT attracts the younger players, and definitly has more assholes then woods (just b/c of it's popularity it's attracted them)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
What the?

Right because when I got kids in Camo with Tippmanns thinking they can beat me?

It gets so annoying. They just about **** themselves when she see how fast my guns are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hear you 1337. Some woodsballer at my school was talking about an APG he read to me.

"I don't understand speedball. If it's ten people against ten people then why do they need 2000 paintballs each to shoot each other? I mean that's 20k paintballs shot in your average speedball game--FROM ONE SIDE!"

If I didn't establish my position before I wrote that quote and if I took those quotes out then I gurantee you one of the woodsballers in this thread would agree with me.

Oh well. I'll stay out of this thread probably.

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
Velislide said:
...do woodsballers seem alot more mature in general? Like every single speedballer I've come across has been like "woodsball is for pussys that dont wanna get shot" or something, or some 12 year old attitude. Reading other forums sure makes this seem so very true lol.
every single?

shens.

·
Banned
82 Posts
I love woodsball, why would I want to hide behind a giant pink marshmellow and go spend insane money on paint. I am sure speedball is very fun but I like the stealth and tactics involved in woodsball. There is nothing like waiting perfectly still in the underbrush, watching an enemy get closer and closer to you, and then finally springing the trap.

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
sargasm said:
I love woodsball, why would I want to hide behind a giant pink marshmellow
cuz u can take taht marshmellow anywhere, including down town san Diego or tampa or what ever where it can be reccognised by the public and allow the sport to grow... :tup

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
stealth and tactics = hiding in a tree sucking ur thumb...jk

i've played both and they both can be fun, i just like speedball more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sargasm said:
I love woodsball, why would I want to hide behind a giant pink marshmellow and go spend insane money on paint. I am sure speedball is very fun but I like the stealth and tactics involved in woodsball. There is nothing like waiting perfectly still in the underbrush, watching an enemy get closer and closer to you, and then finally springing the trap.
I agree sargasm. I love woodsball. But I don't play speedball so I can't really comment on which is better or which players are more mature. But I know there is nothing like the feeling you get when you anihilate the guy you have been watching for half an hour waiting without giving your cover away and then killing twelve other guys as they attempt to get your flag. Especially since I'm a girl. When you get your dignity taken away from a girl nothing is ever the same, you can ask my boyfriend :naughty He's still cleaning his mask off. Or when you kamakazi<--probably spelled that wrong-and get the flag and run down the huge wooded hills dodging trees and getting the victory for your team. But I'm sure there's nothing like the "fast paced rush" or whatever of speedball. As long as I have a gun in my hand i don't care where I'm playing.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
this is what ill say about both...where i work (SC VIllages) i have learned that both can be abosulute idiots....but ive noticed that they are very different in their behavior

1) Woodsballers are always yelling and cussing at other woodsballers while playing...and almost always complaining, which is really annoying...however woodsballers almost always obey refs...which is cool, cause then i dont get a headache...

2) speedballers kno the game more, and In general dont make the noob mistakes that woodsballers do, however, at SC we get these idiots, maybe u heard of them...they call them selves HGay Army or something...anyways, they are the excpetion to my earlier quote of "speedballers dpnt make noob mistakes" because they walk around without their blugs/condoms, they always lift their masks...AND they do retarded/dangeruous things like shoot at a Crowd of people behind netting (ive posted that story on this site before) they are the speedballers that bring a bad name to the game....

soo theres my oppion...btw, i enjoy Speedball WAAAAAYYY more

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Immature speedballer: "Woodsball sucks cuz only n00bs play woodsball"

Immature woodsballer: "I'll pwn your rainbow colored jersey cuz you stick out like a sore thumb in the woods"

Mature speedballer: "I love the adrenaline boost you get off the break but I think woodsballers should be respected because they are the foundation of paintball"

Mature woodsballer: "I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and dont like to spend a fortune on paint but speedballers are great because of the competitive exciting egde they have given the sport of paintball"

I dont think the issue here is woods vs speed but more of a maturity aspect.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Smitty said:
Immature speedballer: "Woodsball sucks cuz only n00bs play woodsball"

Immature woodsballer: "I'll pwn your rainbow colored jersey cuz you stick out like a sore thumb in the woods"

Mature speedballer: "I love the adrenaline boost you get off the break but I think woodsballers should be respected because they are the foundation of paintball"

Mature woodsballer: "I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and dont like to spend a fortune on paint but speedballers are great because of the competitive exciting egde they have given the sport of paintball"

I dont think the issue here is woods vs speed but more of a maturity aspect.

wow, you wrote that? ;) hehehe Very nice, babe.<3

I started out playing woodsball, but for the most part my wood days are over. I enjoyed speedball more. I played once and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't put down one or the other.
It's all a matter of what you enjoy more. of course, you get idiots that play both without them what would everyone write about in players stories? I mean 9 out 10 stories in there has something to do with what "some idiot"did.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts