Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my power washer today, and was wondering: Is it possible in some twisted sort of way for it to compress air to like 3000 psi, instead of water? I was thinking, you could attatch an air hose to it, in place of the water hose, and put some kind of attatchment onto it to make it fill nitro bottles.It makes sense, but I don't know if that would be possible.

I'm probably just retarted.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Doubt it.

Did you ever get sprayed by a power washer? Well if you have imagine the fealing of that hitting up against your body, now tell me if you think it feals like 3,000 pounds, lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I was little my dad used to scare the bejesus outta me when I was in the pool and he was pressure-washing the pool deck. He would aim it at me from far away but just spray would hit me.:p

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
thanks NYY.

i dont think so, turning one on without any water just burns the motor up. i have a 3000psi paint pump that wont pressurize air either, but it will inject paint under your skin without making a hole (kinda like a hypo spray on star trek, only for real).

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
onesikpup said:
i have a 3000psi paint pump that wont pressurize air either, but it will inject paint under your skin without making a hole (kinda like a hypo spray on star trek, only for real).
have you ever actually done that?

·
Registered
687 Posts
hehehe shudder. that's great. i want one them for a tatto thing.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
no, i havnt done that, at least not with paint. i have stupidly put my hand in front of the spray when i was cleaning it out with water. im telling you is burn like hell, and raised a nasty "blister" that wouldnt pop. it wasnt so much a blister as a lump, but i can imagine how much paint would hurt. you have to put your hand pretty close to get it "injected", like within 3 or 4 inches, anything farther away and you get cut or just wet, depending on how far. to paint with it you need to be 12-15 inches from the surface to be coated. theres a laminated warning card, that came with the pump, you are supposed to take to the hospital with you if/when you do that with paint...special proceedures i guess.

·
Registered
561 Posts
hey OSP are you talking about those one like fence painters and crap like the commercial where the guy walks from house to hous and BAM it's repainted?
It said they like spray out at 2000 psi a guy at the field said if the tank fittings were to bust off the force of the hose flying around could cut your finger off at 300psi

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
no, not the one in commercials, lol....that thing is a joke, the "homeowner" model....basically a very cheap one time use type deal less than $100 (im sure).....ive never seen one that has worked twice. anyways, mine is one i bought a Lowes (i think), made by graco, 3000 psi, .47 gallons per minute with a .015 tip. , for like $800. technically, it belongs to "the company", buit im the owner, so i guess its mine.... lol.....yes, just the same as a hpa tank, if the fittings rupture, get the **** outa the way.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
i own a construction company. we frame houses, banks, medical centers, barns, office buildings (anything that is wood structure), put up trim and crown molding. put up siding, build decks, paint, roofing (only as a last resort) and sometimes remodeling. i have anywhere from 4 to 12 people working for me, depending on the season, and any number of subcontractors depending on the job .

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, my dad works construction, not building homes, more of home repair etc, so I kinda know where your coming from.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts