Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a 98 custom all stock. and it kicks the rental guns ass. so im ordering a new tippmann with a 14inch barrel and a collapsible stock for around 250$ is it worth it, im buying everything from manufacture.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Is what worth it? I don't have any particular hate on for the 98C but it is the most popular rental marker in the world and not exactly anything flashy or outstanding in any way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were not "hardcore" ballers, just go to the corse every couple months. But the rentals are piranhas and shot more like mortars than anything, and from what i see the 98 is reliable and easily customized for under 300$.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
It really depends on what you are looking to get out of your experience. If you are just looking for something that will work when you dig it out of your closet a 98C is just fine and it wont be beat to **** from being rented out 1000X so that is always nice. Most players that make the jump to buying their own gear want something with a little more pizazz than the markers that are being rented out and a 98C isn't a huge leap from a Piranha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, from what i read there tanks, as in will last me a long time and do what i need. Ive ran into some guys oaintballin thta had 5oo-600$ guns and i wasnt impressed cause they just relied on there full auto and raked everyone in speedball. and i like the look of the 98c and just pt my order in for it, so i think ill like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my first Tippmann 98 in 2002 and I currently own two of them. I can tell you I have played with alot of guns in the 15 years I have been playing and I will never get rid of my 98's. Alot of people knock them for their size/weight/bulkiness, but those are all things that are easily dealt with. By no means is it a speedball gun, but it is an excellent woodsball gun. I hope you enjoy it and I hope it works well for you. There are an endless number of upgrades you can do to this gun and if you decide to invest in it later on it is fairly cheap and can turn this gun into a beast. All in all I would say it is worth it for a entry level marker if you want something that is durable, will last over the years, and requires more skill then the board in the grip.

My Tippmanns:
98 Custom w/ Cyclone feed, ricochet hopper, response trigger, aluminum power tube, star fire bolt, maddogg spring kit, aluminum fore-grip, double trigger finger, 32 degrees 16in rifled barrel, blue w/ metal flake custom paintjob.
98 Custom w/ Cyclone feed, response trigger, aluminum power tuber, star fire bolt, maddogg spring kit, aluminum fore-grip, double trigger finger, Progressive 14in rifled barrel, adjustable butt stock, gold w/ black tiger stripe/metal flake paintjob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with AngelOfDeath. I have two 98Cs and an X7 Phenom (and a pair of Splatmasters lol) But I can't let the 98s go. I know them inside out.

Smart Part and J&J Ceramics are great barrels for this marker. I think the freak with backs would be cool for getting a good paint-barrel patch also, but never tried them out. I use an SP 14" progressive and a 32degrees 12" degrees quiet riot barrel on my markers (flatline required more time and tuning than I could give and also VERY picky on paint)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts