Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at a 07 ego on craigslist and its 500 $ with tank hopper and extra barrel is it a good deal

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Nah, Etek isn't a yearly refresh, and most of the parts from ETek 1 still fit the Etek 2. So most likely Etek3 parts will still be available for 3 or even 4 years since it'll be probably another 16 months still until the Etek 4 comes out.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
etek 3 is considered a mid level although i dont know why, it is a full LPRed poppet just like the ego line, but the difference is it will have a parts run of around 5 years with a much larger aftermarket than the ego line which can change out any part at any point a new marker comes out

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The noid is the reason they consider it mid-range. The Ego noid is one designed completely around being small, and FAST. It is actually capable of cycling over 60 cps...FAR beyond what the ego 9/X can cycle since they don't have QEV's. The Etek noid (still the same on the 3 as the 1 & 2 just in a different housing now), is designed more for durability, and max cyclic rate in the 1 or 2 was only about 20 (full) cps, in the 3 because of the new housing it's up to ~25 cps.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
its over 15 so i dont see why that would bump the etek 3 into the mid range category, whoopti doo, the ego9 can get to 60cps, who cares? ill take a durable noid that can still manage 15bps over one that cranks out 60cps anyday

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
crap monkeys

i could have some parts annoed though if i felt like it

but now i found the white one, and first of all think its sexy, secondly wondering how they did that? last i heard white required a powdercoat instead of anno

1 - 13 of 13 Posts