Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I got into an arguement on whether or not he listened to emo music(of course I think he does). These are some bands he listens to

Thursday
Saves the Day
Fall Out Boy
The Starting Line
New Found Glory

Tell me your verdict

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I actually like thursday, they aren't emo, more along the lines of screamo ;)

but yes, your friend is an emo pussy and needs to get some friends and go outside and not cry about his life and knit sweaters all the damn time.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
yeah, he listens to emo, doesnt mean he is emo though, and thursday is so emo man, they MAY border on screamo, but i pretty much refuse to accept screamo as a music style, si basically emo with a twist, in any case if you want scream type stuff check uot a static lullaby for sure, there awesome, if you wanna pm me for some songs that are good feel free

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
screamo is a true form of music. you can't classify them as emo, because...emo kids sound like they got kicked in the nuts by a donkey. screamo on the other hand, I can enjoy because of the harder guitar riffs...even though the lyrics are the same as emo..kind of.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
emo = short for emotional

screamo is emo, exact same kind of lyrics, exact, just listen to them, and yes screamo is emo, it is so emo, wmo isnt necessarily about the softness or hardness of the guitar or that stuff, its more about the "emotional" lyrics (hence the name emo) think abuot it, you cant say you hate emo but like screamo, cause if you only like the guitar go listen to some true hardcore stuff

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
Check your friends wrists, If you see cuts, hes emo.

Check your friends hair, if he has spikes at the back, bangs in the front hes emo.

Check your friends face, if it looks like it got with a bat, hes emo.

Check your friends arms, if it contains a sweatband thats black, pepsi coloured or has a band logo hes emo.

Check your friends clothes, if they are black and thrift storeish, hes emo.

Check your friends email, if hes emailing back and forth with a bunch of depressed people about song lyrics, hes emo.

Check your friends glasses, if they are thick, sqaure and black, hes emo.

If any of these apply, consult you local repo man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts