Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
go hpa and dont buy the cyclone. if you buy a halo b or invert halo too you can transfer it over to your next gun just like hpa. buy a j&j ceramic barrel as they are cheap and you wont be out a ton when you get a new gun and realize that the barrel dont fit. you can also look around on ebay for any cheap model 98, 98 custom. barrels. or barrels for any of the us army markers.
good luck with your first gun. they are reliable and remember use air tool oil to lube it and not gun oil. gun oil will eat the orings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 4 Alpha Blacks. Very good guns. When it comes the the cyclone feeder, it is an alternative to an Electronic Hopper. Except the Cyclone feeder runs OFF AIR! [Genius]! Both the Cyclone feeder and an electronic hopper are both created for the purpose of shooting more paintballs-per-second. So if you aren't going to get the E-Grip, you have no need for the Cyclone. All in all it is a good gun. Good power, control, and accuracy. The E-Grip is bad-ass too! thumup:
--EDIT--

Also, you can get "Cushy Paddles" for the Cyclone feeder. They're like $4. A lot gentler on the balls in the hopper so they prevent a lot of barrel breaks.

·
SH0cK TV... We're Live!
5 Posts
I run an Alpha Black w/ Cyclone and Compresed air. I prefer the quite the Cyclone gives me over the electric hoppers. I also have a TM-15 Limited but comparitably, that gun is on a whole different level then my Black. My adjustments on the Black were only the Cyclone, drilled a whole in the carry handle and mounted a rail for my Red Dot, last, a quad rail shroud. The Cyclone came with a low profile hopper which is great for the RD sight in terms of keeping my visibilty. It is a very heavy gun so I do reccomend a sling and a remote system. Very solid Woods/MilSim gun that can handle the abuse of the Woods play style.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
I bought this gun from ebay Nice Tippmann digital camo alpha black paintball marker | eBay

What do I have to do to make the gun better?

1. What kind of hopper?
2. Cyclone feed?
3. Is 20oz co2 good? How many shots will I get?
4. Should I get egrip?

5. Is the gun a good gun?
1. HALO Too is really nice for the money.

2. It will probably hsoot good the first times, but later it will chop paint, so you will have to buy soft paddles and maybe upgrade some other thing on it's internals, so no, don't get the Cyclone, it is better to have a hopper that you can use in other guns and that has less issues.

3. HPA. First make sure that your local field has HPA, if it does stick with it, get a 68ci/4500psi HPA tank, smaller than 68ci will have to little air, bigger will be to heavy. Don't buy a 3000psi tank, they are to small, and you will end up buying a 4500psi anyway.

4. It's hell to install in an Alphablack, and will make maintenance more dificult.

5. Its the same as a 98 Custom with an M4 like shell over it, its a good starting marker for the mil-sim player, although I prefer de BT 2012 Omega over it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts