Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I guess I'm having my depressed time right now. I'm just not seein a point to why we're here.

What is it that we do? We live our lives, work a job, get old, retire, and then die. What mark do we leave on the world? For most of us, that answer is none. Seriously, what are we here to do? I cannot find out.

This is coming from a guy who wants to make that difference in the world. I am enlisting because to me, that makes a difference. But lately I've realized that...it's trivial and pointless. What LITTLE difference might I make? If any at all. I guess I can sum it up like this:

I am weak...and I am a failure. There's just no getting around it...relatively soon, I will die - maybe in 20 years, maybe tomorrow. It doesn't matter. Once I am dead and everyone who knew me dies, too, it will be as though I never even existed. What difference has my life made to anyone? None that I can think of -- none at all.

I found that somewhere and it just seems to describe a lot of ****. Really, it does. It's true, too - once we die, and everyone who knew us died, who is to carry on our legacy?

Sorry for the emo rant PBF.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
be ambitious, if everyone had self motivation, courage, and a sense of right. This world wouldn't be a dump, but its become nothing more than a selfish paradise.

Start a business, make multi-millions, and change the world that way.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want money - money doesn't breed happiness. I've taken the life of a public servant, with bad pay. I want to help, but it seems that everything I would do is infantile and pointless.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Riches don't equal unhappyness either. Invent something, and market it, its the only way you get your self serving product out...

then again, you can just give it to a company and let them sell it...

·
Registered
671 Posts
well i believe that we all have a plan for our life and that we will do something thet helps and changes people at some point in your life or go emo and say i wanna die now cause im bored lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think you need to quit *****in.
The question "Why are we here?" is such a run down question with so many stupid answers. The way I look at it is simple and the most understandable to me. The reason we are here is simply to be here and to live a life, have a family, have a job, get old, retire, chill for a while and then die. If you don't care about money then what else do you want?

And I'm sorry, but only a small percentage of people who want to make a big difference actually do. But each person really makes enough small differences to make up for not saving the world or whatever you feel like you need to do to be remembered.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
The meaning of life is just to make as many others as happy as possible while keeping yourself happy too.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just_T said:
I think you need to quit *****in.
The question "Why are we here?" is such a run down question with so many stupid answers. The way I look at it is simple and the most understandable to me. The reason we are here is simply to be here and to live a life, have a family, have a job, get old, retire, chill for a while and then die. If you don't care about money then what else do you want?

And I'm sorry, but only a small percentage of people who want to make a big difference actually do. But each person really makes enough small differences to make up for not saving the world or whatever you feel like you need to do to be remembered.
QFT Prophet: If everyone has the aditude that you have, everyone would be miserable. If you make one person happy, you are doing you job.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
You don't need to change the world to make a difference. You can get involved in your community by becoming an older brother for someone who doesnt have one for instance. You see them a few times a week or a month and hang out with them. Make sure they're getting involved in positive activities and the like. If your help for whatever amout of time your with this person is positive, they will be a positive influence to sociity someday, thereby making you a successfull person. Its ridiculous to set your sights on changing the world. Focus on one person, or one problem you think is just cause for your time and passion.

·
12,110 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
So...I guess I'm having my depressed time right now. I'm just not seein a point to why we're here.

What is it that we do? We live our lives, work a job, get old, retire, and then die. What mark do we leave on the world? For most of us, that answer is none. Seriously, what are we here to do? I cannot find out.

This is coming from a guy who wants to make that difference in the world. I am enlisting because to me, that makes a difference. But lately I've realized that...it's trivial and pointless. What LITTLE difference might I make? If any at all. I guess I can sum it up like this:

I am weak...and I am a failure. There's just no getting around it...relatively soon, I will die - maybe in 20 years, maybe tomorrow. It doesn't matter. Once I am dead and everyone who knew me dies, too, it will be as though I never even existed. What difference has my life made to anyone? None that I can think of -- none at all.

I found that somewhere and it just seems to describe a lot of ****. Really, it does. It's true, too - once we die, and everyone who knew us died, who is to carry on our legacy?

Sorry for the emo rant PBF.
When you enlist, you'll be making a difference for me too. And I WILL recognize that, and I will remember that.

So what if theres no "meaning" to life... Do what you think is fun! Get drunk! Have sex! Get the most out of life before your time is up. Its better to burn out then to fade away. Just do what it is you like to do.

Dont get forced to choose a career path when your young. Someone has it in their sig.. "I dont want to grow up hating myself and my job at the age of 40 becuase I was forced to choose a career path in my teens". You know what you want to do. Go do it! And have some fun!

·
Registered
314 Posts
now think about what you said, and think if everyone thought that, there would be no military, there would be no nothing we'd all be a bunch of uncivilized f****

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
Ya know what your ****in problem is proph3t, you're trying to change the world in the wrong way. If you join the military or whatever, even if you die in some imperialistic war, the difference you've made is either gonna be minimal or be a part of some atrocity..

What you should do, is look into the radical left. The people of the radical left want to create dramatic social and economic change so that everyone, everywhere will be able to live equally, peacefully and happily, which are things you can't have with your current imperialist capitalism. Become a leftist and you'll never be sad again. It will fulfill your need to be a public servant plus the benefits are a lot nicer.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Believe it or not, almost everychoice you make, makes a difference in the world.Such as if you treat somebody bad, it could harm the lives of others. Which could harm others. If you have kids, it could change everything. If you dont, it could change also. Just all depends if you do stuff for the good or bad of the world.

D

·
0 Posts
should read some essays ive wrote about this for my society class.. all depressing as ****..

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Here is my belief: We are here on this planet to glorify God. You can agree with that or flame me, but that's what I believe. I know I'm not going to be perfect or ever lived as good as Jesus, but I can try.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
Ya know what your ****in problem is proph3t, you're trying to change the world in the wrong way. If you join the military or whatever, even if you die in some imperialistic war, the difference you've made is either gonna be minimal or be a part of some atrocity..

What you should do, is look into the radical left. The people of the radical left want to create dramatic social and economic change so that everyone, everywhere will be able to live equally, peacefully and happily, which are things you can't have with your current imperialist capitalism. Become a leftist and you'll never be sad again. It will fulfill your need to be a public servant plus the benefits are a lot nicer.
QFT

This guy knows whats up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts