Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Is there a way...

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  TyMaster 
#1 ·
Is there a way to get the CO2 out of my way? Here is a pic of my setup.

I want enough room to pass my arm through inbetween the stock and the CO2, but I dont want to order a drop forward because Im going balling sometime before it would come in the mail. Is there an easy way to make a small drop? Like a household item that I could modify? Or could I hook up my CO2 differntly? Any ideas...? :shrug:

See less See more
#2 ·
Bend a piece of flat steel into a Z-shape and then just drill the mounting holes into it. I think both Smitty and Kat's 98C's have those on them.

Another option is to take the asa off and turn it around, then use some straight and 90-degree fittings to connect the air line to it. That will turn the CO2 tank so that it sits 'backwards' under the gun.

#3 ·
Torch said:
Bend a piece of flat steel into a Z-shape and then just drill the mounting holes into it. I think both Smitty and Kat's 98C's have those on them.

Another option is to take the asa off and turn it around, then use some straight and 90-degree fittings to connect the air line to it. That will turn the CO2 tank so that it sits 'backwards' under the gun.
1st part. Ya that sounds easy enough, I might try that out.
2nd part. I thought about that but the thing is if I was to turn it around, the CO2 would hit the front handle and wouldn't fit.

#4 ·
I think it would clear the handle- the Tippmann ASA has a downward angle on it. There wouldn't be much space inbetween them though. Some people have done it. The home drop forward is likely to be easier to get all worked out.

#6 ·
I'd just throw down a few dollars for a length at a hardware store. I normally see them in these little stand up displays with the threaded rods. They'll probably cut it for you too.

But, If you want to cut up a tool :(, it'll work as long as you can bend it and drill it, and it can hold the tanks weight.

#11 ·
Ya Ive got a 20 oz. And I found a nice thick strong peice of metal that I bent into the right shape.

all I need to do now is paint it black then drill the holes into it. Im going to my friends house tonight because his dad has some good metal drills and mine just wont work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.