Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking around on ebay, I found this cannon for sale and a link for a video that go along with it. The video shows the cannon shooting potatos and water balloons 170 yards? thats insane do you guys think that the one that I would get if i pid could realy do that?

heres the link for the cannon, and for the videos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7148044710&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

Its on the ebay part, but heres it anyways,
http://www.msu.edu/~raymich1/cannon.html

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
well it appears that the red valve releases the entire co2 tank at once..so in theory ti would work. I knew a kid who launched a potatoe past a football field so yeah I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

·
Registered
462 Posts
speaking of launching potatoes,put one in the exaust pipe of your friends car lol.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
martix_agent said:
well it appears that the red valve releases the entire co2 tank at once..so in theory ti would work. I knew a kid who launched a potatoe past a football field so yeah I see no reason why this wouldn't work.
it looks like he turns an on/off valve on and then off then shoots

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Home of the world's most advanced hand held laser-guided bolt-action aluminum SP9004 potato rifle.
Increase accuracy and safety with new rifled barrels!

that was an add at the top of the page... man, now i gotta build me one! wootles

·
Registered
434 Posts
i built a large one very large(bout 9 foot) rockets D batteries out the barrel through id have to say at least 4 inches of ply wood and it is all through a compressed expansion chamber and a ball valve really quite nice, but no use in paintball to powerful. i can get pics maybe a video of it if youd like

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
my biggest is 15 feet total and makes a sonic boom when firing. anything over 30 psi will vaporise a potato unless frozen, and the psi limit is somehwere around 150

ive destroyed cinder blocks, inch thick plywood, street signs and more in one shot with unfrozen potatoes with this sucker :D

-edit- shooting plywood is sweet, because the potatoes vaporize and make like a 6 inch wide hole in the wood do to the shotgun effect

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
now THAT is cool. I've looked into making one of these things, but I found the compressed air examples were too complicated for me. Anybody have a site where we it breaks everything down? or woudl somebody like to PM me about it? otherwise I'll end up making a real cannon where you spray flammable substance in and light it. (I hear those make quite a boomk, but dont' shoot very far)

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
pneumatic iss the way to go if you have a pump. they shoot farther, especially ones with the complicated release exhaust valve mechanism (which is what my 15 footer is)

you can burn stuff with combustion guns though :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts