Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this is a good thing to wear while paintballing to minimize the pain of getting shot.

Cup
Gym shorts
Jeans
long sleeve shirt
sweat shirt
baseball glooves

Thats what I was gonna wear, or is there better things to wear?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
You might get heat stroke with all that on, but you won't feel it as bad.

you're better off just wearing the cup, jeans, long sleeve, and gloves, more mobile and not as hot.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
goo lord that's a lot of stuff. wear a t-shirt and a thick long sleeve shirt if your'e worried about pain. the hoodie makes it no fun. Baseball gloves may not be a bad idea, lots of peopel wear gloves meant for paintball. Kill the gym shorts as well, This doesn't hurt near as much as you think/were led to believe it will.

A cup in unnecessary also; not to mention painful.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I've had my cup save my balls a few times, and as long as it fits right, and he doesn't do any superman dives, he's in good shape :)

I doubt he has enough for slider shorts

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
I've never worn a cup. I saw a guy get hit in the nads once and it wasn't any worse looking than any time they get hit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yea i wear one of those softer cups (more like just a pad) cus i tend to always get hit way to close for comfort.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wearing a cup is a bad idea; have you ever heard of Chaffage?

Here's why you don't usually get hit in the balls with a paintball; when you crouch, the crotch of the pants will spread out and tense up, creating a "barrier" between the shot and your balls. The ball will usually break, but you walk away completely unscathed. Now, if the shot hits you while you're standing up, you're down for the count.

Don't get me wrong, getting shot in the balls does hurt, but it's no worse than getting sacked; they're more or less equal.

As for all of that clothing; bad idea. You'll most likely get not only heat stroke, but a lot of unfair bounces as well. I would wear the jeans, gloves, and the longsleeve shirt.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
here's a little more to chew on while we're on this topic. I've got a friend who happens to be a girl that is quite small. I think she demands that she's 5', but who knows:)

She went paintballing with a ton of people for the first time and wore a hoodie, long sleeve shirt, and t-shirt. She told me that after the first time getting hit, she removed all but the long sleeve shirt.

I figure she's a pretty tough person for doing that he first time, but if she can do it you can too. Heck, I've played in a T-shirt before in the summer.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Same here.

Another thing about a cup, is if you get shot in the crotch a lot, you need to learn how to play. Your crotch should really only be exposed while you are running from bunker to bunker(or tree to tree). The rest of the time it should be safely tucked behind the bunker or tree.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Same here.

Another thing about a cup, is if you get shot in the crotch a lot, you need to learn how to play. Your crotch should really only be exposed while you are running from bunker to bunker(or tree to tree). The rest of the time it should be safely tucked behind the bunker or tree.
QFT. You should always be "playing small."

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same here.

yea it usuall happens when im moving, but i have been shot through bunkers mutipl times, like through just the tinniest holes.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
thats nothin, I saw a kid show up at the field wearing jeans, a shirt, a sweat shirt, heavy leather gloves, a full one piece suit over all that and a motorcycle helmet...a freaking motorcycle helmet.

For the record, I wear my JT pants, a wife-beater, and if its cold a long sleeve shirt OR hoodie. (depending on how cold it is). And some JT gloves. Ive thought about investing in some elbow pads, but I'm unsure

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I have been playing for 8 years, and I have never been shot in the gonads. I have seen a lot shot there before though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
normally i wear a pair of athletic shorts, and i have some pants that are practically as thin as a sheet of paper (just to protect from bugs or annoying plants (poison oak, thorns ect.)) and a T-shirt, if it's cold i put on a light coat. normally i stay moving so i dont rly have to worry aobut being cold :p

if ur worried about ur family jewels... i wouldn't wear a full plastic cup, just for comfort and running reasons, but some sort of soft pad should do it. if you rly want, you could prolly stuff urself with a sock or sumthin XD lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts