Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are two stories that i don't know are even possible

1) my world history teacher has a brother (or somthing) that hit his head on somthing and got amnesia (sp?), and was lifeflighted to the hospital. the catch is, his aunt (worl hisotry teacher's) was with him when it happened, and beat the heli to the hospital

2) my world history teacher (again) has a friend that LOVES guns, he says his friend has hundreds of 'em. Ok so his friend is a cop, and as his sidearm, unstead of a standar issue, he has a 50 cal machine gun.

i am starting to doubt these, but they were funny when he told them to us in class (2 dif classes)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for #1, she left the same time, n she is kinda old, and was very worried. so unless there was no triffic i don't understand, thats y i ask.

·
12,110 Posts
No to the .50 cal. A .50 cal machinegun is typically mounted onto a tank, or on a hummer, on bots, etc. ITs usually a weapon fired from a mount and not a potable weapon.

ITs against the gueneva(sp) convention to use a .50 cal weapon against personnel. A cop definetly wouldn' use one for a weapon. First of all you can't wlak aorund with it. And you cant shoot it. When's the last time you've seen a cop walking around with an M16, or even an MP5?

A machiengun isn't a sidearm. A Sig 226 or an M9 or something is more like what a cop would carry. Probably a glock 17 before an M9 though.

Is your teacher a liberal who says that the NRA is a terrorist organization adn thinks that all guns shoudl eb illegal?

·
Registered
314 Posts
#1 its possible but i doubt it, a heli can fly a straight line not having to worry about staying on the road, a car has to stay on the road

#2 i highly doubt it i doubt he can even carry a 50. cal machine gun, also what Alpha said thumup: theyre usually mounted on something

D

·
0 Posts
those mounted 50 cals.. arent they ones that even if the bullet doesnt hit you, as long as it was close it could still do damage?

like if you got skimed with a 50 cal.. itd tear a chunk..

·
Registered
967 Posts
prophet alpha is 100% percent correct about the 50 cal not supposed to be used on personel

no matter whos using it

but war is war and who really follows the ****in rules

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i dunno if he walks around with it, or what kind of cop he is, that may be a problem. but thats the kind of answers i was thinking i would get

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
ViP_ViPeR said:
prophet alpha is 100% percent correct about the 50 cal not supposed to be used on personel

no matter whos using it

but war is war and who really follows the ****in rules
No he is not. You are wrong, and Alpha is wrong.

You are not supposed to use it on any unarmored personnel. You know what constitutes armor to a field commander? A belt buckle, a helmet, webgear with metal on it...anything that can deflect a bullet. We shoot people all the time with .50 cals. In fact, the most recent Medal of Honor was awarded to a man who killed around 30 Iraqis single handedly with a Browning M2 .50cal Machine Gun. Would he have gotten the nation's highest award for valor had he not followed combat rules? I think not.

Furthermore, the nation's longest ranged sniper kill was made with a Barret M82A1 .50cal sniper rifle. This was in Afghanistan by a Special Ops sniper.

Thanks and have a nice day :)

·
12,110 Posts
I heard it was against the gueniva convention. I know its not supposed to be anti-personnel.

I know we use them against anti-personnel in war. But I also know that technically your not supposed to.

They were designed to put big holes in vehicles and destroy equipment.

I heard a story of a guy whos weapon jammed, adn he was being charged, so he grabbed the nearest weapon (AT-4 or LAW) , and blew the enemy apart. He was court martialed.

EDIT: Proph3t, your right, but you dont need to make it look like your dr.phill going on a pwning spree on oprah.

Doesn't matter, a cop doesn't carry around a .50 cal.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
some of the laws set up by the genva convention are utter crap anyway.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Alpha said:
I heard it was against the gueniva convention. I know its not supposed to be anti-personnel.

I know we use them against anti-personnel in war. But I also know that technically your not supposed to.

They were designed to put big holes in vehicles and destroy equipment.

I heard a story of a guy whos weapon jammed, adn he was being charged, so he grabbed the nearest weapon (AT-4 or LAW) , and blew the enemy apart. He was court martialed.

EDIT: Proph3t, your right, but you dont need to make it look like your dr.phill going on a pwning spree on oprah.

Doesn't matter, a cop doesn't carry around a .50 cal.
I am Dr. Phil :(

D

·
0 Posts
people get rewarded for merely killing people? I thought they had to save people or do something good.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
D_Smalls said:
people get rewarded for merely killing people? I thought they had to safe people or do something good.
Killed 30
Saved 100+ American lives
Single handedly drove back attacking force of 150
Went above and beyond the call of duty by risking his own life to save his men and the 100 others around

D

·
0 Posts
risking your life to safe others is going above the call of duty? I though that was the duty?

military confuses me so

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
No, his call of duty was to make sure his men were safe and that he was safe to go on commanding them. by risking his life to save his unit, he went above and beyond his call of duty

1 - 20 of 27 Posts