Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a friend that I trust is willing to give me his angel lcd for $200. It is aparently in good condition, has a little under 54000 balls though it. I hear that is a lot, but he says it still works fine, and he sent it to guy for a checkup, cleaning, and reaplacing whatnot just yesterday. It uses a big hpa tank. This is about all I know about it. He got it for free in the first place, so he is less uptight about what he sells it for. Is this too much gun for a complete newbie? Would I be better off buying a cheap spyder or something?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
You have to be freakin kidding me. An Angel speed for $200 ? You run the serial numbers of this thing through the local PD? This has hot gun screaming from every pore, and I don't mean hot =cool either as if you hadn't guessed. "He got it for free." I bet he did. I bet the former owner who paid the significant chunk-o-change for it in the first place would want to discuss this "aquisition" with him.

Free peice of advice #48 - You can NOT get something for nothing.

This reaks of scam, or stolen property.

To answer your other question. You can be just as much of a newb with an angel as you can with a spyder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually he found it at the field and no one claimed it. 30 days have come and gone, and no one has inquired for the year or so he has had it. He already has about a halfdozen guns, two just about as nice as a new angel, he is cleaning out. As for scam, I'm not going to pay him untill I actually get around and try out the gun for a bit, it wouldn't be smart even if I do trust him. I know a gun never makes up for any kind of skill, I'm just wondering if there is a catch like, a whole lot more frequent, and complicated matinance that a newbie like myself wouldn't be up to.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Well if you can confirm this story then that is different. Though I remain a skeptic as folks just don't "lose" $1200 markers. If I lost one, I would move heaven and hell to get it back. I would keep that in the back of my mind if you are ever anywhere else and the original owner all of the sudden notices you with it and "wants it back."

Anyway. The Angel is a sweet sweet marker. Being a high end marker there is certainly more maintenance to be done then just shoving it in your gearbag after a day of play. I would take it to a reputable pro-shop and have them show you everything there is to know about it BEFORE YOU SHOOT IT! Taken care of, this marker may be the only one you ever buy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I definitely intended on taking it to the shop to give a onceover and hopefully a full tutorial. I found a shop that just opened up and the guy seems nice. If he is willing to show me I'll probably get my mask from them hehe. I apreciate your concern. I know there are a lot of people that aren't parinoid enough about good deals, and I'm glad the first thing I hear from you guys is to double check sources.

·
Registered
25 Posts
*craps himself*

In all honesty I would go to the field your friend "found" it at and look into it. Like medic said, people just don't lose those kinds of guns. I am almost certain if you had that gun and used it locally the former owner would reconize it and that could cause some issues.

I would simply go to the shop owner and ask him about someone loosing an Angel LCD. It isn't something that happens a lot at fields so he may no someone who reported it. Than you can contact that person, have them describe the gun and if it is thiers get it back to them. Also run the gun with the local PD, cause if you are found in possesion of a 1200 stolen gun, your screwed.

However! If no one reported it stolen, and you looked into it, BUY IT! That is a crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy deal!

Oh and if your friend has some nice guns he doesn't need, and they arn't hot hit me up!!!! PLZ!

p.s. make sure it isn't stolen, if it is clean, your a lucky man.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the guy has had it for a good long time now like a year, so even if it is hot* (i still trust the guy) its likely the search is over.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wohaa

YES the Marker is way to good for U... Have your friend send it to me instead :) That would really brighten a pissy day up. [Edit] BTW I don't know whether the "Search" is over or not has anything to do with it. ZThis is a Rare piece of EQ and the last owner WILL recognize it and if you've bought it for 200$ U are going to have a really bad time trying to convince any1 (cops??) that you thought it was clean. Also I would not like to own it b4 I knew it was clean for pure ethical reasons. [/Edit]

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
JohnLeFou said:
Yeah, I definitely intended on taking it to the shop to give a onceover and hopefully a full tutorial. I found a shop that just opened up and the guy seems nice....
hmm.. why would you not want to take it to an established shop? Are you afraid that the owners there might 'recognize' it?

Even though its been a year since the "finding" of this marker. At least in Wisconsin, if it is deemed stolen property, it can be confiscated at the very least, and you could be arrested for up to 7 years from the origianl incident.

Walk carefully my firend, you don't need this monkey on your back.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Man that is a great deal go for it! But it could be a stolen gun though. Or there is something wrong with it. 54,000 paintballs is a lot of paint through one gun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok fine you have me parinoid now. Is there a particular place to run the serial? or just generic call to the police?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
You can e-mail Angel and ask them to see if the serial is intheir active warrenty pool. Generally if a person reports it stolen the police suggest that you report the serials to the manufacturer so if someone tries to send it in for repair, they hang on to it. Very common practice with high end goods. Of course you can find out the area where it was "found" and give thier police department a call and see too.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Its not like LCD angels are $1,000 guns. They sell for $300-$500, so $200 isn't that crazy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts