Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a tough time deciding where to go to college. They're all giving me the hook-up for academic excellence scholarships. The competitive scholarships haven't even been decided yet, and that's when I will probably finally decide.

Based solely on academic excellence / presidential scholarships:

Ole Miss wants to give me $5500 per year to attend.

Mississippi State wants to give me $20,000 over the course of 4 years, plus room and board expenses up to $5,000 a year. They are also considering me for their $50,000 scholarship, which only 20 people will receive.

Mississippi Gulf Coast CC will cover full tuition, room and board, meal plan, and transportation. If I join the band then they will end up paying me about $2k a year.

Southern Miss and Millsaps haven't given me a response yet, but I expect Southern to cover full tuition and board. Millsaps, being a private university, probably won't give me much.

Anyone else getting offered some righteous scholarships yet?

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
i just got in to Penn State. still waiting on Cornell, Duke, Rice, and U. of Illinois.

Penn State will give me $4,000 per year off. not bad, considering i also get in-state tuition.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
RIT gives me $10,000 a year for the Presidential Scholarship (or something like that) plus I get another $2,000 off a year for being an Honors student.

That, coupled with the fact I live at home, means I'm only paying ~$9,000-$10,000 a year for a school that normally costs around $30,000. Since I'm graduating in 3 years instead of 4, by the time I'm done I will have under $30,000 in loans, which is less than some people take out for one year at RIT. thumup:

-Jin

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
i just got in to Penn State.
PSU main? You could come see me. :)

I never got offered any scholarships or financial aid. They looked at our finacial info and basically told us to go #$%* ourselves.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Congratulations man. Those are some pretty nice scholarships you've got offered there. I'd definitely take the full ride or $20k one if I were you.

I'll probably be getting a ton of grants because of my family's financial situation.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
I got ****ed even for student loans because of my parents financial status.. They're not rich or poor.. just middle class. Did you know that the federal government expects parents to hand 6 grand a semester to their kids for college? That's ****ing ridiculous if you ask me.

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
You guys are making me feel horrible :( I'm way behind with college stuff, I'm going to apply to Embry-Riddle, Bridgewater state, USM, and JMU.
I've just got to do those damn Essays over the weekend..
(Hopefully I will be able to major in Aviation Science)

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
You guys are making me feel horrible :( I'm way behind with college stuff, I'm going to apply to Embry-Riddle, Bridgewater state, USM, and JMU.
I've just got to do those damn Essays over the weekend..
(Hopefully I will be able to major in Aviation Science)
i applied to riddle also. you plan on flying?

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
i applied to riddle also. you plan on flying?
Definitely, I think it would be a really cool career. I've wanted to fly my whole life.

I just really hope my grades are good enough so that I can get in, unfortunately I slacked off my first 2 years of Highschool and have just started to get my **** together

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Definitely, I think it would be a really cool career. I've wanted to fly my whole life.

I just really hope my grades are good enough so that I can get in, unfortunately I slacked off my first 2 years of Highschool and have just started to get my **** together
instead of hijacking this thread i'll tosss you a PM

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I got into Frederick Community College, yay for my sister going to a school that costs 23000 a year so that she can be a teacher.... And me being forced to do computer networking is pretty sweet, no body ***** about college cause i got royally f'ed, especially cause I have a 3.6GPA.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts