Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent played paintball in about four years, when i moved to illinois i found out everyone plays paintball.... well almost everyone. So i ended up going to a place near milsdat illinois (or however you spell it) for "pump day". I dont own a gun so i borrowed...... well all i could get a hold of was a walmart gun... tac 5 recon or something. It shot about as accurate as i can throw a paintball. I got one person out with that, ended up borrowing a friends phantom and doing alot better with a pump gun. Well anyway, just sharing the newbie story with you. I wish i didnt suck this bad though :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
CarnageCAB said:
Go look for a pump on the bst forum in here, buy it, pwn noobs
He can't pwn noobs if he already is a noob though. :(
So at first you'll get owned, and then you'll get good :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
pump r u serious?

CarnageCAB said:
Go look for a pump on the bst forum in here, buy it, pwn noobs
Or even better dont get a pump and get a semi-auto or an e-triggered gun and go to play paintball when its not pump day.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Or get a pump and play against semis... You don't need pump day to play.

A maverick is a good beginner gun, it is a pump. It is back bottle air, direct feed, and adjustable bolt. You can do some mods to make it stock class. They cost around $50 on here or on pbnation.com you can find them for $50.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm not to impressed with mavericks though. If I were you, I'd find a cheap cocker (preferably one with blown pneus) and a wgp sniper conversion kit ($35) and build your own pump. 1000x better than a maverick. I shoot one as a backup/loaner to my phantom.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Mavericks are difficult in some ways. The velocity thing is all messed up. Loud, non ported barrel. I've never tried a pump cocker, I need to borrow my friend's.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I would get a cocker just like he said and get a pump kit. If you want to play semi then go for a 98 custom, can't go wrong with those. If you really want to get playing pump I would go straight for a phantom.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i love my maverick... maybe that's because i've never shot another pump in my life...

btw i've been playing pump against semi for a long time. in fact i've only ever played pump-only once.

get a pump, or the cocker-pump thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well ive been looking and i think im gonna go for the spyder pilot, it has an e-trigger, expansion chamber and all that jazz. Im not to shure about playing pump though... it was really hard... although it did save on paint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually accuracy wasnt the main problem, the gun was so crappy you couldnt put the balls out more than 160 FPS.... so if you actually managed to hit someone by a wild chance, it would just...... stop... and fall. DArn you wal mart!! Almost as anoying as getting hit in the hand with a paintball that rolled under a stand up...... :mad:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Tippy_A-5 said:
Or even better dont get a pump and get a semi-auto or an e-triggered gun and go to play paintball when its not pump day.

whats wrong with playing pump?

just play paintball, read paintball, and think paintball and pretty soon you'll be a baller yourself :tup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nothing wrong with Pump, Pump players make better targets!

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
ill sell you an aci hornet (meverick upgrade, velocity screw instead of spring and the pump handles are much sleeker) and a remote coil for 50 bucks if you are interested, both used twice excellent condition

1 - 20 of 20 Posts