Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got home and checked my local news' site and apparently there are schools closed tomorrow JUST because there is going to be a high of 22 and a low of 9....theres like 12 counties already closed.

seriously? closing because it's gonna be cold? come on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tennessee.

And it's not spam. The site is completely legitimate and does not spam your e-mail or cause pop-ups. I already checked forum rules and found no problems with posting that in my signature.

·
Registered
995 Posts
spam (n): 1. a canned meat made largely from pork
2. Indiscriminately sending unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant or inappropriate messages, especially
commercial advertising in mass quantities

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spam (n): 1. a canned meat made largely from pork
2. Indiscriminately sending unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant or inappropriate messages, especially
commercial advertising in mass quantities

key word is in bold ;) I'm not sending anything and neither will the site in my sig if you sign up.

and thanks shutter! I'm a nerd lol.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
and what is with the spam in your signature? remove it immediately.
What he said.

Tennessee.

And it's not spam. The site is completely legitimate and does not spam your e-mail or cause pop-ups. I already checked forum rules and found no problems with posting that in my signature.
Forum Rules said:
#

# You may not post links to for profit affiliate programs where you stand to gain profit off of other users.

Its a referral link which you will profit from when users follow that link and sign up.

Get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Hmmmmm it was the first day back to class for me today. 0 degrees with a -19 windchill.. so yeah. Totally skipped my first day of class AGAIN. *Did the same thing last semester"*

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What he said.

Its a referral link which you will profit from when users follow that link and sign up.

Get rid of it.

I'd like a link to the thread please and I will. And to clear it up, I actually don't get profit when they just sign up ;] The site doesn't sell anything either, it's completely free... No adware, spyware, pop-ups, spamming e-mails, I don't profit from them signing up...I honestly don't see the problem with the site because it doesn't do any harm, but give me a link to the forum rules and I'll take it off.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
So I got home and checked my local news' site and apparently there are schools closed tomorrow JUST because there is going to be a high of 22 and a low of 9....theres like 12 counties already closed.
Sounds warm to me. It's been a high of 5 the whole week and I don't think any schools have closed. In fact I don't think schools around here ever close just because it's cold. When we get a few feet of snow they might close.

-Jin

·
Pointless thread poster
576 Posts
*Gasp* its another weather complaint thread!

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
It's supposed to be -10/15 here, windchill makes it colder.

Eh. I just wear like five sweatshirts and I'm fine.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
You've got to be joking.

Last monday was the first day of the semester and it was -12 here. Not to mention I live at the bottom of a hill that leads up to campus...if you stand at the top of the hill you don't see anything, so it always feels like I'm gonna plunge down into hell.

What I hate is how it's barely cold enough so things start melting but they re-freeze nice and smooth...like the stairs I take up to campus between the frat houses. I almost turfed it today on those things, and a little while later one of my friends broke one of her vertebra because it was so slippery she lost her footing.

I hate winter. Why I ever decided to go to this place for school is beyond me.

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
Our school was canceled for tomorrow, or today I guess.

High is 5, low -6 wind chill dropping to -25.

You gotta remember the little kids, they'll turn to ice cubes walking to school.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts