Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I have everything in my car i wanted, and I'm finally rid of that horrid tape player.
Glad about that, because the tape adapter for my mp3 never wanted to stay in for longer than a week..

Headunit is an alpine cde 9852 mp3/wma ipod/xm/remote ready.

****ed up speakers

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Lol I got that same headunit.

Me and my dad spent like 5 hours installing my system today and we're barely half done.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tell you wat I love that headunit. Bass engine and stuff is a lil confusing, and you def need to read your manual cuz if you don't, you will be very confused. But it took the guys that put it in about an hour and a half, which wasn't fast enough b/c my girl was with me and yeah.............

Only thing they did that pissed me off was they didn't latch my hood down right so i had to pull into some wrecking place to lock it down.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I guess 1337's getting more than just h/u and speakers. What car are you putting it in?

-Edit, see you went ahead and finally bought the fox. Nice Ride man.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Thanks!

Yeah the car came with a bunch of audio already.. but its all like 10 years old and sucks more than the hoe down the street..

Had a Sony Headunit, sony tweeters, sony door speakers and JBL rear speakers on a pioneer amp which wasn't even hooked up. The wiring job was so crappy, I ripped everything out of the car and it was close to 30 or 40 wires. Lots of work. Had to modify my door panels so the speakers will fit, had to run new wires because the stock speaker wires wouldn't work at all. I found this out AFTER I ripped all the other wires out. Had to take my whole interior out including the back seats.. just a huge mess. Lots of custom "fab" stuff and modifying.

Might as well list my system.. it's ****ing BALLER.

-Alpine Headunit
-Infinity Door Speakers
-Sony Tweeters *Came with car*
-JBL 6X9 Rear Speakers *Came with car*
-Polk Audio MOMO Carbon Series 600.2 Amp
-2 10" Alpine Type R's in a QLOGIC Box
-xXx Wiring

Now here is what I paid for everything.. lol.

Headunit -- Regular: $175+ Paid: $152
Subs -- Regular: $188/sub Paid: $~100/sub
Box -- SALE: $89.99 Paid: $~20
Door Speakers -- Regular: $104.99 Paid: $43
Amp -- Regular: $449.99 Paid: $~150
Wiring Kit: Retail: $69 Paid: $29

Got the subs, door speakers, box and some other little **** for $278 taxxed at BestBuy. My friend works there, hooked me up with his employee discount. Got the HU on ebay and got the amp and wiring kit at the pawn shop. Friend works up there and hooks me up.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bet that fox'll slam. I got mine installed at a place called selective auto and customs. One car there had about 8k into the trunk alone!!!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why. Doing it yourself saves a ton of money, is fun to do, and teaches you alot.

Yeah I know. Crutchfield literally sent every bit of instructions so i'd know how to put it in step by step, but the 'rents wouldn't let me do it. Plus i have a bad habit of trying to do stuff the quick way. It may work, but looks like ****. plus outa the 313 or so after install, i only paid 50...christmas present from my dad.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Uhm we installed my system ourselves and it looks better than any professional job I've seen.. just took for ****ing ever haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts