Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i downloaded some free songs from the pepsi bottle caps and now the damn program wont let me burn them to disk. it put them in a stupid mpeg4 format, so none of my programs will burn it. and i cant find any converters because it doesnt recognize it as an audio file.

any ideas on how to convert it or burn it. it pissing me off. plus my itunes doesnt like to work, so whenever i plug in my ipod it will freeze so i have to wait forever before it will work again. i get the same crap when i try to burn a cd it takes forever, but this just keeps telling me i cant burn them.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know there copy protected but when i tried to burn them with itunes it said that i couldnt but when i downloaded them it said i was allowed to put them on one cd i believe but if you look at the itunes store info i should be able to put them on as many as i want plus 5 ipods. itunes wont even let me put it on one, and yes thats what i tried to burn it with plus other programs.

·
Captain of Team Impact
639 Posts
well u cant convert them cuz they are all protected files which i think is bs..if i buy the song i should have the right to do with it what i want, but thats another story..

so its pretty much saying that you cant burn any cds or put them on ur ipod?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive put them on my ipod but it says none of the files can be burned, i know 4 of them shouldnt since their not from itunes and there not actually mine, but the other 9 should be able to. and itunes keeps ****ing freezing up so i cant check. i have no clue why it always freezes but its annoying.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
dbpoweramp. U'll have to get the ACC (i think) codec off their site, then just right click and convert to mp3. I havn't tried this yet. i'll try right now though....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i downloaded limewire but when i clicked for it to run, my computer restarted because its a POS ,and my mouse doesnt like to turn back on after it restarts, and this time my mouse wont come back on. usually after screwing with it for a while it will work, but not this time.

your advice sucks =( now i definately cant burn it =(

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Lame will convert that.
http://rarewares.org/mp3.html

Its command line, so it might be a bit complicated for some. There is a GUI frontend at: http://www.foobar2000.org/ that works pretty good.

There is also the "dac/dac" method. Its a kludge though. Basically, play your AAC song on your computer WHILE recording it as a WAV using whatever cheap analog recorder you have. THEN save it as whatever you want. This will always work, though quality can be kinda low.

Nick

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i can't remember how but theres an easy way to burn itunes. they had it in last months issue of a computer mag.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts