Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone with medical backround can tell me their thoughts on this it would be great

Ive been taking adhd medication for about a year and everything is great, my grades are steady (straight b's) and i really can thank adhd medicine for getting me through some hard times and getting the motivation i need to do things. I only take it on weekdays.

Though lately i think i may have become dependant on adhd medicine to accomplish any task, i actually fear not going to school on adhd medicine, for i may miss something important and that would cause my grades to drop, because before i had add medicine my parents and I would get in tons of fights over grades and the such.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if any long term damage associated with adhd medicine (methalyindate) or close to that?

What do you think pbf? Is this actually a subject worthy of my thought, or ami just blowing it out of preportion? It bothers me to think that i might not be able to function without these?

i take 36 mg concerta in the morning and a 10 mg "homework" pill

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I think that it can become a problem. It sounds like it has become a small problem already.

Medicine has gone from making people better to making people dependant.

I'm no medical expert, in fact, I'm barely passing an entry level health class, but nothing from your post sounds good.

I know my brother had ADD and his medication caused him to pretty much space out all day at school, and if anyone yelled at him he would just start to cry. I'm sure medication has come a bit from that point, since he died in 1993 and started taking the pills in the late 70s.

If you are dependant on anything, that is never good.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I would just keep taking them. I have to take medicine so I don't have headaches. And honestly without them I would have a headache every single day, morning and night and I cant really function like that.

Am I dependent on them? Yea. Does it help me with everything? yes, so I am not going to stop taking them because I am "dependant" on them.

If its working for you keep up with the medicine.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
toXic said:
I would just keep taking them. I have to take medicine so I don't have headaches. And honestly without them I would have a headache every single day, morning and night and I cant really function like that.

Am I dependent on them? Yea. Does it help me with everything? yes, so I am not going to stop taking them because I am "dependant" on them.

If its working for you keep up with the medicine.

That's a bit different though. You take medication to prevent pain, a lot of people do that. He takes medication to prevent him from going crazy and possibly doing crazy things.

Sorry if crazy is too harsh of a word, but I really don't know how else to phrase it. After I reread it I kind of made it sound like you were the Hulk or something. I didn't really intend it to sound like you were a bad person or something.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I see your point barber. It is a difficult question. If you absolutely cant get by without them, you should take them.

I just think if they are helping, keep taking them. But try taking them a little less often. I only take my medicine(suppose to take everyday) when I need it. Maybe try cutting down your medicine for a day or so?

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Barber said:
That's a bit different though. You take medication to prevent pain, a lot of people do that. He takes medication to prevent him from going crazy and possibly doing crazy things.

Sorry if crazy is too harsh of a word, but I really don't know how else to phrase it. After I reread it I kind of made it sound like you were the Hulk or something. I didn't really intend it to sound like you were a bad person or something.

well it doesnt make me behave it just kind-of makes me think before i act, and its saved me a bunch of times, also helps me pay attention but it seems to be less and less effective everday

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Homeless Box said:
well it doesnt make me behave it just kind-of makes me think before i act, and its saved me a bunch of times, also helps me pay attention but it seems to be less and less effective everday
and therefor you will start taking more and more. which will make a tiny problem a bigger problem. try not do do it.

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ja289 said:
... if its getting in the way of your daily routine. thats something you dont ask paintballforum.com the only people here with any medical experience is medic for the most part..

i cant comprehend how stupid people are, why dont you just ask your doctor.. is it that complicated?
its more an oppionated subject Ja, i dont see my doctor for another 15 days not to mention my doctor is a joke, she just asks you how you pointless questions then gives you a subscription

·
Registered
283 Posts
What kind of diet do you have? Is it healthy? Do you have a lot of sugary foods? My brother has adhd and when he doesn't take his medicine and he has sugar he goes insane (not really insane just annoying). I think if maybe he had a healthy diet things would be different. I don't know.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
just keep taking it.

i was the same wa in 6th grade. after about a week of not taking it, you will be back to normal. but, damn your on ALOT of methylphenidate, you need to stop taking that extra 10mg pill, im surprised you sleep.

just smoke some weed, that will make you think before you do stopid ****, and it will calm your ADD ASS down.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Ja289 said:
what do you mean as a joke? i dont know what thats supposed ot mean..

anyway, how is this opinionated? you're doctor will tell you there's either : something wrong, or : you're fine.

you can call him up if its that much of an emergency, or call another doctor..
You just like to rip and bash on everyone huh?

He's asking people here their opinion. AKA maybe kids who have ADHD as well or maybe people who have friends that take the medicine.

IMO, I'd keep taking it. Atleast through school but then your job might be dependent on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts