Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 14" J & J ceramic and was wondering if these small notches on the ends of the barrel will affect the paintball. The notches appear on both ends so it seems like that is where the machine held the barrel.

I'm more concerned with the side that screws into the paintball marker. The venturi cocking bolt seems to be smaller and when it comes in contact with the barrel it doesn't seem to touch the notched area. But I was wondering if these notches are normal or not.

Pictures of the notch on the side that screws into the marker.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
if it's an aluminum barrel it's probable from when they finished it (anodizing) and

they look small enough that they will not affect the ball much

·
Bow chika bow wow
397 Posts
if it's an aluminum barrel it's probable from when they finished it (anodizing) and

they look small enough that they will not affect the ball much
infact it shouldnt hurt the paintball at all, at that part of the barrel its bigger than the bore of the barrel so the paintball shouldnt even touch the notches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies.

I tested this out over the weekend at a friend's place and it seemed to work fine.

The two markings were almost identical on both sides that it must have been where their vice or machine gripped the barrel.

Upcoming weekend I'll see how it goes at a woodsball game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts