Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a bt4 combat slice and i wanted to get a new barrel and i was wondering to get either a J&J Ceramic barrel or an apex barrel. Thanks for your help ^^

·
Law
622 Posts
Looking to have some fun in the woods(not competitive) then Apex is fine.
A solid shooting, self cleaning barrel that shoots straight, J&J.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Mil-simers and some rec ballers like to use it to add efects on your paintballs. Mil-simers use it to gain more distance in order to have a straighter line to use a red dot sight more "reliably". I've seen some videos of people using it and working for them but what actually happens is that you get more distance sacrificing accuarcy and the line is not really straight but it curves in the air at weird angles.
J&J Will give you a self cleaning mecanism and some people claim that they are more accurate.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The Phantom stock barrel is the best stock barrel ever made unless you are replacing it with a kit it would be a downgrade.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a J&J I use on my backup sometimes and they are nice. But I will say in some situations an Apex or flatline barrel may be better. For example playing woodsball getting a flatter trajectory is a huge advantage sometimes. Also if you play on homemade bunkers getting a ball thru cracks and openings in bunkers can be key. So its going to depend a little on where you play. But for versatility I would take the J&J unless I knew I would be playing a ton of woodsball and event then get the J&J but also get the tip and you can add it if you need to.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
I know I said J&J but if you want you can have both at the same time with an adaptor. I checked on pbRIOT and a guy explained how to properly use the APEX to have the straightest line possible and actualy gain some distance. He even showed a video of himself using it and getting the results. Here's the link:

Apex2 Question

Just read it all until you find your answer.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
problem is once you throw a apex on the end of a J&J it tends to loose the self cleaning ability, so while it is true that you can put a apex on a J&J, in my mind it kind of defeats the purpose of having the J&J as one of the major reasons to have it gets left behind.

·
Registered
44 Posts
problem is once you throw a apex on the end of a J&J it tends to loose the self cleaning ability, so while it is true that you can put a apex on a J&J, in my mind it kind of defeats the purpose of having the J&J as one of the major reasons to have it gets left behind.
Agreed. Big thing is when you take the Apex off you still have a good barrel.

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Honestly do whatever you feel is necessary if you get both then you will have a great system but if your only to get on get the j&j because it shoots better for what you are most likely to be doing

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will say in some situations an Apex or flatline barrel may be better. For example playing woodsball getting a flatter trajectory is a huge advantage sometimes. Also if you play on homemade bunkers getting a ball thru cracks and openings in bunkers can be key. So its going to depend a little on where you play. But for versatility I would take the J&J unless I knew I would be playing a ton of woodsball and event then get the J&J but also get the tip and you can add it if you need to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts