Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
hotty supreme
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my friend is telling me right now that without jackie robinson, the united states would still be segregated..any arguments i should point out to him, ive already brought up rosa parks to which he said sarcastically "some lady in a bus is going to end segregation"...help me with some arguments :)

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
start out by telling him he's stupid

does he honestly think that one black baseball player is responsible to abolishing jim crowe laws?

hit him over the head with something hard

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
saying one person is responsible for the end of segregation is a slap in the face to the entire movement
it was a collective effort of many great people

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If Jackie Robinson didn't exist another black baseball player would have stepped up to the plate (no pun intended).

There was a black baseball league. There were lots of black baseball players. Jackie Robinson was just the first. if he didn't exist, someone else would be the first.

The civil rights movement is the joint work of thousands of people. Not just one baseball player. That "lady on a bus" did more for the movement that Jackie did (IMO).

Because of what went on with Rosa Parks, there was a Bus Boycott. Guess who was one of the leaders of that Boycott? MLK Jr. Alot of his clout in the civil rights world came from his leadership abilities shown in that boycott.

Jackie Robinson was more of an inspirational symbol. And although that does alot, no one man is responsible for the work of an entire movement.

If anyone says otherwise (that one man is responsible for the work of an entire movement) he/she is a dity liar.

Your friend is a bilthering idiot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts