Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
She got cocky. If i had it in the bag there is no way i would risk it with a stunt.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now the worst part is, she won't admit it. She says she was trying to "stabilize" herself. News flash, there were cameras all over you, everybody saw it. Just own up and admit it.
They showed a split screen of an earlier run where she grabbed the board, and she kept the board straight. That time she tweaked it almost sideways. Nice Method, next time stick the landing.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I seriously don't understand curling,what is the point?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dirtmongrel said:
I seriously don't understand curling,what is the point?
To have your rock closest to the center of the target after all rocks have been thrown. However many you have closer than the other team is how many points you get. You switch ends 5 times for a total of 10 ends, and whoever leads has to throw first so the other team gets to throw last rock. It's a really cool game, you see some interesting shots sometimes. But sometimes they just throw one for one and keep knocking each other out of the target. It can be cool or boring from one minute to the next.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Scrubbing (Sweeping) the ice actually does do alot more than you'd think, I went curling w/ my gym class last year, you sweep it to reduce friction of the rock sliding over the ice. If you didn't sweep it, it probably wouldn't make it to the house (Without a nice hard throw that is, and the harder you throw it, the less accuracy you will have).

Dogpatch: Curling summed up even shorter than that: People throwing rocks at houses.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Ha, I saw clips of the race yesterday and saw her crash. What a tool. You know you've got the win, so why try and be fancy shmancy and pull a trick that could cause you the race...which did in her case. She she still got silver...I mean, I would be happy with silver...or bronze for that matter...but I wouldn't be happy if I know I had the win in the bag, but biffed it because I was too cocky. She said she tried to correct herself...yea right.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Yeah I remember watching like a "tournament" of some sorts for curling a while back. Those sisters are hot.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fenix: Yea, you or I would be happy with Silver, but this chick is the World Champion, everyone expected her to get Gold, and she would have, but she goofed one of the easiest tricks in snowboarding. I mean she rides halfpipe too, you mean to tell me she can land spins in a halfpipe but can't land a Method on open ground?

About Curling: Sweeping is one of the interesting parts of Curling. It's really cool how the other team can sweep in front of your rock to "pull" it off the target if it has too much speed on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts