alpine head
sony xplod 6x9's
panasonic 4 1/2's
2 kicker comp's ( 10")
phionix gold 400 watt amp
q logic box
4 gauge wire

just a tad under $800 installed

and spud don't come in here and tell me how your madison speakers will smoke mine like you smoke bud cause my system sounds good and i'm proud of it

:D

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
not to sound like an a** or anything, but that won't be that loud. 400 watts isn't a crapload of power. Also, why would you waste your money on Sony car audio? Just curious. My current system owns you. Alpine headunit, Rockford Fosgate 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate 800 Watt amp, two 12in Alpine Type-S subs.
Thats my old system. One that's on the way has Two Audiobahn 12s in a Bandpass box with a 1600 watt amp. Now, if that's all you could afford, that isn't a bad setup. But, you can do better if you have the green

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
thepunkdrummer said:
Now, if that's all you could afford, that isn't a bad setup. But, you can do better if you have the green
He's jewish, remember?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
You guys do realize that you don't need that many Watts at all, right? 100 Watts is plenty to power that stuff...Most school sound systems only use about 150 or so, and that's more than enough. There are a lot of misconceptions by the general public about sound systems.

-Jin

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Besides I still like to hear the words to my music. I hate it when there is so much bass that you can't hear anything else. A couple of 10s ran off of a 400-500 watt amp would be plenty for me.

I used to have the major hitting system, but I got tired of it after about 1 month, and then it got stolen, and I got insurance money so I was happy.

Now if someone would just steal my damn car so that I'd get insurance for that too. :p

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
im not gonna critizise you :p im just gonna bask in the comfort in knowing ill never have to pay 1/4 of what you paid for a better system :) but hey if you like the tone from kickers then power to you

and i dont know who brought up wattages, but that is right to an extent. a lot of low wattage woofers will detsroy a few high wattage woofers. but high wattage woofers also have the ability to get louder than a same sized woofer with less wattage (if its not a junker) and is definitely worth it if space is an issue and you can only fit one woofer in the car

as for me ill stick to my madison 21's :D

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rory096 said:
He's jewish, remember?

stereo typing bastard ture though. i didn't have a whole lot only like 180ish. i just finished confirmation. 2nd biggest thing besides a bar mitzvah. my car have a little bit of paint missing so i divide my cash between paint and stereo. i don't listen to a whole lotta rap so its fine for me. hey it rattles the rust off my hood, less on the body work bill:D

spud you a ***** i want 21's:( (when it comes time to up the system gonna need a 4 way amp, i'l pm you) ;)

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
2ffu said:
stereo typing bastard ture though. i didn't have a whole lot only like 180ish. i just finished confirmation. 2nd biggest thing besides a bar mitzvah. my car have a little bit of paint missing so i divide my cash between paint and stereo. i don't listen to a whole lotta rap so its fine for me. hey it rattles the rust off my hood, less on the body work bill:D

spud you a ***** i want 21's:( (when it comes time to up the system gonna need a 4 way amp, i'l pm you) ;)
I'm sorry, it's my German/Palestinian heritage.

I'm Jewish too.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
2ffu said:
well when you think you can fit a 21 (doubt youll ever manage to fit two unless you have a suv or truck) go aead and send me a pm.

lol the sub will only cost you a couple hundred, but good luck finding an ultrapowerful amp and a cheap custom 21" box

1 - 15 of 15 Posts