Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey check out these quotes and correct me if im wrong on any of them.

"Now I know there are those who criticize me for seeing complexities - and I do - because some issues just aren't all that simple. Saying there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq doesn't make it so. Saying we can fight a war on the cheap doesn't make it so. And proclaiming mission accomplished certainly doesn't make it so."
Sen John F. Kerry (D, MA), July 29, 2004

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force — if necessary — to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction. "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Bahaha...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
yeah, iv'e read those quotes before, those quotes about supportting bush's rampage were said when bush tried to make it incredibly evident the saddam was such a HUGE threat to us. which he wasn't. there are two sides to every coin. bush no better, worse in my opinion. im not going to get into an argument though, it;s to late for me to think. thinking sucks.

·
Registered
757 Posts
It is a complex issue, when Kerry voted for the war he was acting on behalf of his constituants.. of which I am one. We all thought Saddam had WMD and was talking to Bin Laden.. why? Because Bush, Powell, and the CIA told us so.

Now kerry is acting on behalf of all of America as a potential president.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Braka said:
It is a complex issue, when Kerry voted for the war he was acting on behalf of his constituants.. of which I am one. We all thought Saddam had WMD and was talking to Bin Laden.. why? Because Bush, Powell, and the CIA told us so.

Now kerry is acting on behalf of all of America as a potential president.
exactly, he's changed his mind no more than any other american

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
Yah I don't really like Kerry but these quotes are perfectly normal. Kerry believed that there were really tons of WMD because that's what it seemed like back then. Now it's proven there weren't many at all. Although I'd like to think that the CIA lied instead of Bush. It's a tough call.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
personaly i dont realy like Bush or Kerry. but in my opinion bush is a better choice.

but atleast nether of them can do worse than clinton.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Whats that, Give the Economy a boost and accumulate an actual Tax Surplus?

·
Registered
757 Posts
plasticsamurai said:
D smalls 16, and i know thats young to alot of people but that dosent meen that i dont have an opinion.
d smalls was born in 88, that makes him about the same age as you ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
personally i dont like kerry
i still thinks hes unsteady changing his mind to please the people
bush did the right thing imho

they one up bush with sept 11 because "he could have stopped it"
it wasnt his fault, he coulndnt have done anything about it, the others who had reports and could have foreseen this are the idiots for not using there imagination and reporting this

these are my opinions
dont like em forget em

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
IMO Kerry sucks. I'm definitely a Republican (because I'm conservative, not necessarily because I agree with everything Bush does) but I watched the Democratic national convention this past week and I laughed so hard at the hot air that Clinton, Kerry, Edwards (and their wives, to name a few) said, almost the point of making the popcorn I was eating come out of my nostrils.

Example- Kerry and Edwards both keep saying "America is great/America is a beacon to the world/I have a dream......etc" yet they don't say the steps they will get to alleviate the economic slowdown, the war on terror's heavy toll, foreign relations and vice versa. In old Democratic Conventions people would present their platform and people would vote on it. Not so here, instead it's basically rigged ahead of time and it's all one big party where corporate spending and after-hours parties abound.

Another hipocrisy that Edwards (and Kerry, especially) pointed out is that the campaigning is becoming quite dirty. Edwards said "The opposition is running a campaign of slander and negative feelings, and we want to take that out of politics." Yet in that and the following phrases, about his so-called "Southern values" he's blasting Bush in the same negative way he says should stop. Idiot.

I was especially proud of Rudy Gulliani when I heard him speaking on CNN two days ago. He said "Kerry's talk of making the war on terror "work" are nothing but hot air. Bush is the ONLY one that has been consistent- he's been there full-force when the war is both popular and unpopular with the American people and it all comes down to whether the people of this nation want a consistent leader or someone who changes to every breeze from special-interest groups."

AMEN.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Grangalan said:
Whats that, Give the Economy a boost and accumulate an actual Tax Surplus?
Oh you mean when the economy was at a low when he came into office so the only place to go was up?

The economy goes up and down, its unpreventable, to a degree. At the end of Clinton's term it was up, and guess what he did, he signed the North American Free Trade Alliance into effect.

NAFTA, you ask? It is one of the worst things to ever happen to America's economy. It helped the downward slope of the economy after Clinton's term, and with a few other things Clinton did(someone insert examples here), Clinton set up the economy to go down.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Anyone who reads My Pet Goat with such passion deserves my vote thumup:

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
You know what's gay is whoever is the next president the economy is going to go up, because that's just how it works. Anyone that says Clinton is the reason for the economic boom in his term is either ignorant, and idiot, or a combonation of the two. He said he had all these plans to get the economy back and rolling, then once he becomes president he's like: "Oh, well I guess the economy worked itself back up no need for these plans." Yah nice job lying there Willy cept since your a democrat the media won't hound you for your lies.

You are right however if you say that Clinton is part of the reason for the economic downfall.

But yah the economy will go up the next 8 years reguardless of who's president it's just how it works.

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Gabriot said:
But yah the economy will go up the next 8 years reguardless of who's president it's just how it works.
Yeah. That would explain the Great Depression in a jiffy.

The only reason the economy fluctuates on a cycle like that is because people only vote for the economically stronger president when the economy is THE big issue. At the end of the Clinton administration, was anybody saying "y'know, we're going to NEED a president who actually pays for the stuff he does"? Hell no. We had a surplus. And so, people were more concerned about issues of social, not fiscal, policy.

As it stands, many republicans are abstaining from the Bush vote already. Why? Because even Ronald Reagan knew when to quit spending, or when to admit that he'd lowered taxes too much to sustain a good economy.

Even then, Reaganomics is only a temporary fix if it is to work. Which is why we saw the big imaginary numbers kind of peter off durring the Bush Sr. administration. Tax stimulation works. But not if you try to make it permenant. Why? Because everyone suddenly has more money. How long do you think it takes for the supply-side to up their prices accordingly? And suddenly, we've gained dollars, but lost spending value.

And that's today's secret word: inflation.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Does anyone think kerry sounds like the guy from 3rd rock from the sun? I think his name is dick. IMO they sound just alike.

But anyway... When kerry got out of the war he burned his gay purple hearts and now he acts like hes so great for getting them.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts