Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And no, it's not the impulse

I recently got my hands on a few JT tac 5s , tore them down for servicing and found that they are a better design than the tippmann 98. Here are a bunch of reasons why

1) one of them is a clamshell, if you have ever taken apart a 98 you know there are all these little pins that align the 2 halves, espeshally around the trigger. pain in the ass when they come out and go rolling across the floor. JT atop had these except they are cast as one piece with the body

2) the other one is still a inline blowback but NOT a clamshell. One to remove the air line, velocity adjustment and a set screw everything comes out the back of the marker.

3) on the one that is not a clamshell, you can actually rotate the breach and change the marker between left, right and center feed. JT even included a elbow so you can unscrew the feedneck and put it back on so it will be vertical for your hopper no matter how you have it configured

4) picatinny rails come stock on both markers

5) instead of the air line screwing into the marker the way tippmann does it, JT has the collar screw in, this means the air line can be removed to replace the o ring in the end of it without any tools needed. The only down side to this is tippmann uses a asa thread so regulators and what not are easy to screw in, JT does not

6) double trigger stock

Honestly these things are much better designed than I think they often get credit for. The only real down side is they have buna o rings stock. I have too imagine this is much of the problem for people using co2

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New? Didn't those first release like 4 years ago?

And sure they are easy to maintain but there really is nothing else going for them

Meanwhile bt did the same thing to the bt4 (slice) which can still use most bt4 upgrades

1 - 9 of 9 Posts