Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I'm using the Tippman A5 with a 16" sniper barrel. I have the M4 handgrip/shroud on it as well but that info is kind of unneeded for this question.

I like to play tactical woodsball, as well as regular woodsball matches. I typically use the Venom or Diablo paint from Dicks Sporting Goods, but I have bought the Evil balls as well. I'm not sure what paint will give me maximun results. Meaning least barrel burst rate mixed with good player burst rate. I'm sure you all know that I mean I want the paintball to burst on the player and not in my barrel or on a leaf or something. Any help would be appreciated, but I also don't want it too pricey for a 2000 ct. box yanno?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Personally, freshness of paint means more to me than brand ever will. If it's round, consistent in size and breaks on my target, I'm happy. You can usually ask, at least at paintball stores, when stuff was delivered. Judging a paint's freshness at Dick's based on delivery date might not be an option, because you never know how long it might've sat in a warehouse before making it to the shelves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, freshness is definitely important, but unfortunately Dicks is really the only store we have around here that stocks paint, except maybe Wal-Mart, and I don't go there for paint. I'm just wondering if my paint choices so far have been ok, and I won't have to order online and wait weeks to play. I'll just stick with the paint I've been using cause with the Diablos I've only had about 50-100 break on a 2000ct box. With the Evils, probably less than 50 but the price is so much more that I don't even worry about it. So I'll clean my gun about 25 times more, oh well I just saved 25$ too lol.

Thanks though Riddler

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
If you play at a field, they should sell paint as well

I always check my boxes if buying from big stores like Dicks
Cut a box open, check the bags for breaks and dimples, also check the date of the box and for batch number if buying more than one box

Once you start buying the same paint consistantly, you can start to tell just by looking at the shell if it's fresher or older;
I know that Stinger bought from Academy is always green, but if it's a chalky pastel green it's fresh, if it's shiny and dark, it's older

1 - 4 of 4 Posts