Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting sick of people who think that every song that bands put out now are new songs. they all aren't. know why? the guys in those bands are musicians and they understand the meaning of good music. they know whats good. two good examples. goo goo dolls: give a little bit. as i'm sure many of you know(and many don't) thats an old 70's song by supertramp. theres also a live acoustic version of if i fell by maroon 5 floating around(kinda sucks really) thats an old beatles song. then there are songs that are styled like older songs such as the song look what you've done by jet. it is done to sound like a beatles song(did quite a good job of it too). just felt like saying that these people who are stuck thinking that "new" music is all "new" need to broaden their horizons a bit. anybody else got some recently redone songs handy? those are just the ones that come to mind but i'm sure there are are more.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ja289 said:
i dont see how that is stupid, most people who think 'new' songs by bands are new is because they never heard the original and didn't know it was a cover.
thats my point. they need to broaden their horizons bc they don't take the time to explore the past masters of popular music. something that the bands they listen to did take time to do.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
When Limp Bizkit came out with "Behind Blue Eyes" everyone was like, wow! They wrote a songs that you can understand the words!! But no, it was originally by The Who.

EDIT: WAY OFF TOPIC... I have 777 posts, and thats cool, but not the point. It caught my eye, and made me think of something. I don't get how people that join in June/July already have 1000 plus posts. It's stupid. I know I didn't post a lot a couple months at a time, but wow! I don't understand how they can do it. I been here a year plus, and have less posts than most 2k4ers. I guess this is my rant about how people make stupid posts (a lot like this of me rambline :)) just to get there post count high. Bugs me sometimes. Anybody else feel the same? Some of the 2k4s with lots of posts are cool, and really do contribute, but I just DON'T GET IT!!!!! [/pointless... ignore]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D_Smalls said:
give a little bit by goo goo dolls is a good song
that is a good song. personally i like their verson better than the origional supertramp one.

big balla: i know what you mean. and i'm worse that the people that you are talking about. i joined in august and i'm up to friggin 1400+! i've just sat around doing nothing since i don't have a gf at the moment. the forums are great...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts