Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting back into paintball and I had some extra money for my birthday so I bought a used Black to red fade DM4. It has a tadao chip in it, and I know nothing about the chip or how the gun operates. I have a few questions so here they are..

what should some of the settings be? (such as dwell, ABS toggle, debounce, whats that?)(how do I use the tadao chip?)
How/what is the best way to clean and maintain the gun?
Is there anything I should know about the DM4?

Just bought a a Dye Rotor hopper for it too thumup: Thanks for the help guys!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Find the manual for the chip, will have everything you need to know in it and what all the modes do

As for cleaning and such,every 5 cases I'd say take the bolt out and clean/relube it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the best way to keep the gun lubed up? Could I put some sort of oil/lube in the asa, screw the tank on and shoot a couple times to get the oil through the gun? What are some O-rings I should be aware of and check often? I dont want to have any problems with the gun. Also what should I do once I get the gun like tuning it up and making sure its firing right and at 280fps? stuff like that. (its being shipped this week)

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
no!!!! do not do that with oil!! doing so will destroy your solenoid.

you're going to need paintball lubricatnt like slick honey, hater sauce..stuff like that. read the manual, it should describe how to properly lube it. The basic idea is simple, screw out the back cap, pull it all out and slightly lube every single o-ring you can see.

the key here is to read the manual, it shoudl describe most everything you need to know.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
no!!!! do not do that with oil!! doing so will destroy your solenoid.
if your dumping oil in it yes but if it is already propperly greased a drop here or there will not hurt it, i throw a drop in my asa if i have some bolt stick, loosens it up nicely but does mean the grease will not stay on the bolt as long

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went to the field and everyone was asking me how many times I have cleaned my gun and I have only broken it down and cleaned the whole thing once and relubed everything. I wipe the gun down after every day of play too. Everyone at the field was saying how Dye guns are horrible and need to be maintained every second and that after every day of play I should wipe it down, take it apart, relube it, etc. The gun has worked fine for me, shoots straight and accurate, fast, no problems.

I heard dye guns work great in humid weather..true? I do live in Orlando and it gets humid here..

What should I do to get more shots from my tank,...I fill up my tank after about 3-4 games cause it gets empty quick...

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
not always, blowbacks, if you chop paint sure, otherwise throw some oil in the asa and your good to go, higher end stuff, user choice, if i dont shoot much paint and have no breaks in the breach i sometimes wont. after a good long day i will typically take the bolt out and give it a once over, lube if needed, if i break paint i do give it a full cleaning and re-lube

1 - 12 of 12 Posts