Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a A-5 last fall. Just did not like it. Mainly because when I cleaned it it wouldn't go back together right. Another story. Have a Ion, Piranha, had a Spyder. Just got a 98C today put the air tank on it and grabbed my chrono and some Nelson Hemmorage. It shot pretty good with the really bad stock barrel. Then I put a Lapco 14" Bigshot on it. Holy moses! With the shaker hopper I was laying down some paint on rock 75' away. It chronos +/-5 using HPA. That's about as good as my ION. I was very much against Tippy's after my A-5 but this thing put a smile on my face! Was thinking of getting a reg for it but why.. LOL! Now to get the cyclone attached.. :devil:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to play with this thing at a scenario game I'm going to Sat.. I'll bring the ION as a back up but I'm going to use this as my primary gun. I had a Lapco on my A-5. Forgot how shiny that thing is inside. Just about blinded me!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Excellent. We are so glad you are happy with your 98C. :)

Upgrade tiiiiime, b*tch. thumup:

·
Registered
559 Posts
paintballin34 said:
I had a A-5 last fall. Just did not like it. Mainly because when I cleaned it it wouldn't go back together right. Another story. Have a Ion, Piranha, had a Spyder. Just got a 98C today put the air tank on it and grabbed my chrono and some Nelson Hemmorage. It shot pretty good with the really bad stock barrel. Then I put a Lapco 14" Bigshot on it. Holy moses! With the shaker hopper I was laying down some paint on rock 75' away. It chronos +/-5 using HPA. That's about as good as my ION. I was very much against Tippy's after my A-5 but this thing put a smile on my face! Was thinking of getting a reg for it but why.. LOL! Now to get the cyclone attached.. :devil:
Don't get the cycleone get a halo or something.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
paintballin34 said:
Hey, quit readin my mind! Bolt.. Valve.. RT.. hehe!
I know a few good mods that can help things out and are cheap to do.

1. Polish that bad boy
2. "Mill" the CRX
3. And if your getting an RT the Spring loaded RT thumup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mortis what exactly does milling the CRX accomplish? Please tell me about the spring loaded RT as well.

I <3 Mortis.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
skapunkin said:
Mortis what exactly does milling the CRX accomplish? Please tell me about the spring loaded RT as well.

I <3 Mortis.

Basicly the CRX mod causes more air flow so Higher FPS at a lower Pressure (one reason I am getting down towards the LP range) I will do a write up on this once I find my cammera and get a new vict...

i mean my friends gun

And the the RT basicly makes it so the piston is always touching the trigger so it's a little easier to tune and does not need as much air presure. (I have not tryed this one yet just though it up the other day)

:p I feel so wanted

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm curious about modifying the valve sometime after I get bored.. And what is the spring loaded RT.. Still not clear on that.. I"m not doing any serious upgrades for at least a week.. LOL! I have a bad addiction...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's the new toy you know.. : ) And it shoots super. My Ion shoots awesome to. Just tried out the cyclone. Tears it up. No problems. ROF isn't as fast as the Ion of course but it's decent for tagging people in the woods. And it has a lower profile with the cyclone on it. And you don't need batteries. Minor points but in a long game it might be important. And it's pretty consistent like flow bob said. The HPA tank reg must be working pretty good. I would never consider playing speed ball with it if I wanted to be competitive but for the woods I'm sold so far. I'll let you all know what I think after I play a 8 hour scenario game with it on Sat.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well had some probs. Chrono'd in great then had some velocity issues playing. Chrono'd in again and was anywhere from 150 to 380.. Not sure what is wrong yet. Hoping for a pine needle or something in it.. It's a simple gun, can't be much, was shooting so good before. Had to break out the Ion. Ion is almost to much in the woods..

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dissassembled, cleaned, re-chrono'd. On the money again. Think the screws holding the CVX in place were a little loose. Even though I locktited them. Problem found and fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts