Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get up at 6:45, to catch the 7:40 go train. Ahhhh i havent been up before 11 since summer started. Anyways, I'm working with my dad all summer at a company he works for, its some specialty insurance junk, and he works downtown. So i do get to work in the office all day. Basically what I'm doing is gunna do all the work that no one else wants to do. therefore i do alot of photocopying, and faxing and all that kinda crap. I also work on Microsoft Exel a bunch doing boring spreadsheets on red book and balck book values of cars. Yesterday it took me like 3 hours to make some spreadsheet and i still didnt finish. it's not a bad job at all, i'm gunna be working 3 days a week, and i dont have to work real hard, i'm also making 10$ per hour (Canadian, which is abuot 7.50$ american). Should be rolling in money by the end of the summer. I'm back there tomorrow. I guess this is a discuss thread, can also talk abuot your jobs and crap like that.

tl;dr version: just had first day of work, making 10 cad/hour, 7.50usd/hour, working 3 days a week for my dad.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I wish i had a job,my aunt almost got me a joblike that around her office. But then blah, they had to downsize on people, and her job is in the air.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just got a job working at harveys (fast food but real grill) Ive had it about 3 weeks now and I just got another job at a grocery store. I have to quit one but I dont know which to quit. They pay the same but haveys is hot and greasy but theres tons of hot girls working there....one that I'd love to go out with but who has a boyfriend : / and then sobeys which is closer and cooler. more walking around and being bored.... what do you guys think?
fast food with hot girls > grocery

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anxiouspaintblr said:
I just got a job working at harveys (fast food but real grill) Ive had it about 3 weeks now and I just got another job at a grocery store. I have to quit one but I dont know which to quit. They pay the same but haveys is hot and greasy but theres tons of hot girls working there....one that I'd love to go out with but who has a boyfriend : / and then sobeys which is closer and cooler. more walking around and being bored.... what do you guys think?

all i know is that harvey's pwns thumup:

i'd say stick with the sobey's job though, you'll be happier with it in the end

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I work in a sheet metal shop. The co. is called Melton, and it's owned by 4 brothers. the sheet metal shop makes parts for the A/C part of the company, which does installations and stuff. we also make parts for other companies, like glass companies and whatever anyone else needs. my hands are all cut up from the metal, and i'm gettin into shape having to carry around 16ga. galvanized sheets of steel :p I get 8.50/hr and work 7:15 to 3:45 with a 1/2hr lunch

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
anxiouspaintblr said:
Whichever one gives you more hours. And if thats the same, then if you drive to them, whichever is closer(dont have to use as much money on gas).

·
Registered
422 Posts
I work at a auto body shop 9:00 to 4:00 monday - Friday 9:00 to 12:00 Saturday and the boss takes me to lunch every day. Make arround $250 dollars a week. Best part is he lets me take saturdays off to go ballin.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i work fulltime lifeguarding and work 9 hour days sometimes. Sounds easy, but when you are sitting in the sun all day, doing nothing but watching people, it gets tiresome. But its worth it to be able to play paintball and not have to worry about funds anymore

·
Registered
29 Posts
NYY said:
i work fulltime lifeguarding and work 9 hour days sometimes. Sounds easy, but when you are sitting in the sun all day, doing nothing but watching people, it gets tiresome. But its worth it to be able to play paintball and not have to worry about funds anymore
Yeah, I work as a lifegaurd too. Our pool is an indoor one though, and we can't work over 20 hours a week for some stupid reason. :mad:
It is pretty boring, but after hours is fun. Sometimes the gaurds get in and swim. We did it last weekend, and we broke almost every single rule they have there. Our supervisor just sat there and watched us too. We have cool supervisors at my work, but our manager is a *itch.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I referee soccer and basketball and I make anywhere from $12 to $20 per game and I do about 2 to 3 games every saturday and somtimes sunday. I do it for 8 weeks every season and make about a total of $300 per season. It is good and fun but wat sux is u get ur paycheck 3 to 5 weeks after the season is over.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts