Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok a couple of questions. First i bought a used phantom with a j and j ceramic barrel and a nice L stock. nice set up. anyway when i shoot multiple rounds in succession the power of each shot varies from what feels normal to basically falling out of the barrel. anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? also, what are the best co2 cartridges to use? best paint? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I bet you are using paint that is a bit too small for the barrel and you are getting partial rollouts. Phantoms don't have a detent to keep the balls in place so if the paint is too small it will roll right out the barrel or halfway down the barrel and then it doesn't have time to get up to speed. Look into picking up a set of detent rings they are cheap and available directly from CCI or invest in a barrel kit or even try placing a few dabs of clear nail polish inside the barrel. The best paint to use with a Phantom is the best paint you can afford since you aren't shooting a lot you need to make sure all your shots fly as straight as possible and break on target instead of bouncing. The only thing that sucks more than watching a perfectly lined up shot bounce off your target is having that target turn around and light you up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts