Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm pretty sure I've finished modding my 98c, for now at least.

Specs
Silver 98c
14" Teardrop
Tippmann double trigger
Tippmann exp chamber
CP drop
PHAT asa w/ on/off
polished internals
lightened/shortened trigger pull
crossfire 47/3000 steel :( tank
Empire Reloader

I have the audio file, i just don't have anywhere to host it.

There is a point to this thread though!

are there any more worthwhile (not e-grip) upgrades I could do to my marker to make it faster/lighter(besides the new air tank).

I'll have pics of it up as soon as i can find the camera cord...

Edit:
Oh yeah, and how does 12 bps compare to most tippys? (not counting r/t'ed ones)

·
Registered
814 Posts
how the hell did u get a mech tippy that fast. It is not electronic or rt'ed. Well, maybe you could get rt or did u try replacing the sear spring with orthodonic rubber bands? That sounds weird but i have heard it works quite well look in the upgrade sticky for more info. Check this link to pbreview. It is an upgrade thread there and it has quite a few mods that sound interesting. Try the magnetic trigger mod. http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104024

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Might scrape by with a few more shots if you added a regulator and used that to adjust the velocity instead of the normal adjuster...since it's just a choke and the same amount and pressure gets used each shot regardless of the setting.

12 is quick for a Tippmann. Good job.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Blowbacks will cycle upwards of 30 or 40 times per second. Just like how fast they'll run if the sear breaks or the pressure isn't high enough to recock.

True enough though it'll say the rate of fire is 11 or 9bps on the Tippmann spec sheet.I'm going to say the numbers are based on how fast someone can pull the heavy, single finger trigger on a stock setup. He has some lightened mods and some shortening as well...seems like it worked!

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
you can get a new barrel....teardrops are ok but nothing special. a custom products 1-piece is awesome, or a lapco bigshot.

but basically, keep the tippy the way it is, its nice and fast obviously, and no point putting more money into it, because anythign beyond what youve done would be a waste

1 - 17 of 17 Posts