Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whas da hell...

nobody can laugh anymore. Stiffs

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Well how about he needs to keep his penis off my Jesus? People like him are the ones trying to change the ways things have been in america since it was founded.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts

The whole video is ignorant, so of course their will be ignorant comments.

D

·
0 Posts
toXic said:
Well how about he needs to keep his penis off my Jesus? People like him are the ones trying to change the ways things have been in america since it was founded.
yeah, cuz change is bad.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I never said it was bad but its pointless sometimes. They took the 10 commandments out of schools, ok, fine with me. Most people know most of them anyway.

Stop prayer in school events. Ok, hasnt really changed anything. But thats fine with me.

Trying to get "In god we trust" removed from currency..... Really, how is that effecting anyone??

Trying to get "under god" removed from the national anthem.....

Some channels censor the word god(USA i think use to)...

If something thats in a song, money, or just hearing the word God really makes you that angry/sad/hurt/pressed upon, then you have problems. If you want to remove god from all things such as national anthem, money, school, etc.. fine with me. But whats the point of going through so much trouble for something you never even look at?(taking in god we trust off of currency)

Typing that almost made me late for class. :p Also, if anyone goes to college and they have the class CIS, take it thumup: Its a great GPA booster.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
toXic said:
Yeah, damn anti-slavory , damn womens rights, damn child labor, damn a better way of living...

:dodgy:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The Under God portion of the Pledge of Alleigiance was put in by Congress during the middle of the 20th Century.

In God We Trust comes from the National Anthem (2nd Verse). "And this be our motto: In God is Our trust!"

People try to get rid of the use of God in government through the first ammendment stating that Congress is supporting religion. The wonderful semantical arguement is that Congress isn't supporting any particular religion through legislation but religion as a whole. Therefore, the 1st Amendment is left untouched.

Freedom of Religion does not neciserrily mean Freedom FROM Religion. Although I believe in the rights of religions to have their say on issues, religion and government policy should not be too intertwined. I don't believe, however, that a nation should be outright atheist. People are free to worship as they see fit, as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others or cause harm to others (human sacrifice for example).

On the issue of "the way America was founded" alot of things have already changed. George Washington warned against standing armies and political parties during hsi farewell address. Guess what we have today?

America was a nation that accepted slavery when first founded. That has changed. Women's rights, minority rights, and other reforms have changed America.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts