Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys (happy thanksgivin), haven't visited in a while.. Anyone ever have a kidney stone? I figured being 18 I was a little young but, of course, at 2AM this morning I find myself pissing blood. I'll admit it. I was scared ****less. Stoned, exposed, and terrified. And after the fact, I kept looking into the toilet to make sure it was really what I thought it was. Was it the cherry coke I drank? Am I just really high? ****, was it my girlfriend? She just came back from college on tuesday...

Anyway I jumped online and looked it up. I thought.. eh. I'm ****ing exhausted I don't feel like going to the ER over this. Lay in bed, and set an alarm for 6AM, in case I fall asleep. So 6AM rolls around and I head out to the hospital. 3 blood tests, 1 urine sample, and 1 CT scan - 4 hours later - diagnosis: kidney stones.

Apparently passing a stone is like giving birth. I got Vicodin (5mg Hydrocodone / 500mg acetaminophen for you druggies/pharmacists). Those won't do ****. I was told if I had unbearable pain to call 911 and gett some morphine IV'd up. At least that part sounds nice.

watta great thanksgiving

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got alot of digestive problems (gluten intolerence & IBS) it probably has to do with my restrictive diet. But man.. I'm keeping those opiates handy in case that little ****er ever decides to pass

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Let's hope that your doctor was only playing a Thanksgiving Day prank and that the prescription he wrote was a way of saying 'thanks for being a good sport'.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's hope that your doctor was only playing a Thanksgiving Day prank and that the prescription he wrote was a way of saying 'thanks for being a good sport'.
I guess it's the thought that counts, but Vicodin? C'mon, I should have gotten some morphine

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Ouch man have fun with that. Don't get too worked up from pain and take too many of those vicodins.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Actually some of the best pharmacology for kidney stones are NSAID (Non steroidal anti-inflammatory) medications; toradol (ketorolac) being one of the best. However, 800mg of good ole' ibuprofen every 8 hours will do the same thing. Morphine has limited effectiveness as the pain from kidney stones is actually from the constriction of the smooth muscular tissue around the impaction and not the stone itself.

Drink a ton of water and it will pass into your bladder and all is groovy at that point.

·
Pointless thread poster
576 Posts
Not to scare you but... if that stone doesn't pass, or is too hard to pass... you may have to go into surjury...

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
The surgical procedure is fairly benign. They insert a cystoscope up past the bladder and grab the stone and remove it or place a 'Stent' in the ureter to widen it enough to allow the stone to pass. A day or so later they repeat the procedure to remove the stent. The procedure is relatively painless (I am told) and it can be done in a Doctor or urologist's office.

Still... drinking about a 1 liter of water every other hour will pass the stone too. Just remember to strain your pee for the stone.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I've been pissing blood all day. Guessing it hasnt even moved yet, since I have no pain.

Medic - Thanks for your advice I'm glad you visited. I've been drinking a ****load of water. I'm also prescribed Vicodin (5/500) for the pain when it starts to pass. Question - how long is it going to take to start to pass?

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aye I think she passed.

·
Pointless thread poster
576 Posts
surjury?! now im really scared. :ninja:
Its a relativly painless surjury, my grnadpa has had it twice and he says he didnt feel a thing. But, since you said she passed, no need to worry

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think that is something you'd know, not think lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts